The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2012, 07:00 PM

drydropper is on a distinguished road
Default New Member from North Carolina

Hello everyone. I have joined this forum and wanted to tell you a little about myself. I've been flyfishing and fly tying for 11 years now and still enjoy it just as much as when I started. I started out fishing catch and release streams and then moved to fishing for wild fish and also tailrace fish. I much prefer the tailrace fishery and go every chance I get. I live in Western North Carolina and there are many places to fish for trout. I also fish for smallmouth in some nearby rivers as well as target some large panfish in a couple of farm ponds.

I'm looking forward to learning more about this sport as I glean from the threads your wisdom and experiences.

Drydropper
Jackster, Hardyreels and mcnerney like this.

Last edited by drydropper; 10-10-2012 at 05:35 AM.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:23 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Member from North Carolina

drydropper....looks like not many members have seen your intro...so bump
Not surprised you still enjoy it after eleven years...I'm still like a kid afterxxxx years...don't want others to say I'm an old fart
Old 10-09-2012, 11:15 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Add my warm welcome to the Forum; good folks 'live here.'

Fred
Old 10-09-2012, 01:16 PM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

Welcome. This is a heck of a good site and your off to a heck of a good start by having the courtesy of telling us a bit about yourself.
Now that I know you live in NC we'll have to swap stories and honey-holes!
If you're around in May, think about coming to the SE council of the FFF fly fishing festival at Western Carolina U. We have the run of the place so will have plenty of room inside and outside for classes, vendor booths, exhibits and casting galore, not to mention a trout stream running through the campus from what I'm told.
Again, welcome. Pull up a chair, put your feet up and enjoy the campfire!
Old 10-09-2012, 06:21 PM

drydropper is on a distinguished road

Thanks jpb, Fred, and Jack. This place does have a good feel to it.

Jackster,I would love to take you up on the offer of attending the fly fishing festival. Just curious .... did those nymphs work for you on the SOHO .... the ones I left under your windshield wiper?
Old 10-09-2012, 08:53 PM

stimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud ofstimulator2 has much to be proud of

Welcome to the forum .It's good to see you enjoy tying after 11yrs. i have been tying for 28yrs and i still learn from these ladies and gentlemen on here.This is a great place to get info on lots of things.
Hardyreels likes this.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:37 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

So there you have it, you're at the right place with the right bunch of on line fishing buddies. Welcome to the forum, hint.......everyone here loves pictures of mountains & creeks

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-09-2012, 10:46 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi drydropper.
I'll go along with everyone else & extend to you a Very Warm Welcome.
Brian.
Old 10-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dry dropper: Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures.

Larry

Old 10-10-2012, 08:39 AM

Jackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant futureJackster has a brilliant future

It ends up, I know this daytripper fella and quite the 'good 'urn' he is!
He's a fish magnet and ties the prettiest, gettiness flies known to man.
Just hope he joins any swaps you might enter!