The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2012, 03:58 PM

flytyingcompany is on a distinguished road
Default New Trade Member from UK

Dear All,

I would like to take this opportunity to say hello and introduce myself (James) and my company the Fly Tying Company.

We are a small family run business based in the UK and source many products from Europe, some of which are really interesting.

I hope I can contribute to what already is a fantastic forum.

All the Best

James
Old 10-09-2012, 06:19 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Trade Member from UK

WELCOME JIM!!!!!

Guys, don't hesitate from buying out of the UK; I do it all the time (even have an open account at one shop). Many buys, never a miss over several years. Mail (either way) always goes by air. Typical delivery time (post to your door) is 7 business days. Only one I sent that took longer (10 days) was going to an Island off the north coast of Scotland.

But the 'why, I can buy it here?' You'd be amazed at the stuff the UK fisher have access to that never sees America (maybe Canada).

Fred
Old 10-09-2012, 07:06 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

James welcome! Anyone named James must be a good guy!

Looking forward to reading about what's going on over on your side of the pond!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 10-09-2012, 07:52 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Well, 'Jim' is questionable.

JUST KIDDING!! JUST KIDDING.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:48 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

James....from across the channel
Old 10-10-2012, 01:55 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Jim/James.

Old 10-10-2012, 05:39 AM

flytyingcompany is on a distinguished road

Thanks All,

Jim is fine and with my surname of MacDonald... Jimmy Mac often comes up (if you like a bit of martha and the vandellas)

@fredaevans - you are right but it also works in reverse, The UK fly tyer often buys from the US.

Last edited by flytyingcompany; 10-10-2012 at 05:40 AM. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 10-10-2012, 09:23 AM

That I can believe Jim, that I can believe. Your VAT tax is brutal. Good thing is if you're shipping out way, it's 'waived.' As for buys from our side of the Pond there are three/four 'shops' here in Oregon that do a heck of a business with you folks.

Major reason for that is Oregon has no sales tax so what you buy is what you pay (save for a bit of extra mailing costs; think its 88 cents per oz vs 44 for over seas, but every things going air mail).

Edit: One suggestion I'd have for your site is a Currency Converter as your pricing is in Pounds. I can do the math in my head ($1.62 per Pound on average), but most folks would need some help on that. As an example 5 Pounds would be right at $8 USD.

Last edited by fredaevans; 10-10-2012 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Add a line.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:57 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Well, 'Jim' is questionable.
Thanks Fred, I represent that remark!

Although I browse UK online shops frequently, I've not made but a few purchases. However, I have to agree that the folks in Europe seem to be a bit ahead of us when it comes to new & unique.

Jim, I took a look at your site & can't say you have anything there I would have much use for, as I rarely fish for trout. My interests are primarily warmwater & tidal. But, it's a great looking site & wish you much success with it!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 10-10-2012, 11:01 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

James: Welcome to the forum!!!! I'll have to take a look at your site when I get back into town.

PS. I have an uncle "JP" who likes to buy me new fly rods and other gear, I'll have to put in an order.
Larry