The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Hello and "Servus" from Bavaria (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/300360-hello-servus-bavaria.html)

blauerfisch 10-24-2012 07:49 AM

Hello and "Servus" from Bavaria

Hello and Servus,

my name is Stefan and I live in Bavaria (Germany). Sorry for my bad english, but my bavarian slang would be no good way to talk with you.:D

In flyfishing I'm an absolut beginner, I'll start in spring of 2013. Till now I'm a classical angler, my favourit fish is the arctic char in the Hintersee.

Some pictures of this wunderfull lake near Berchtesgaden Nationalpark Berchtesgaden:

Bye,
Stefan

fredaevans 10-24-2012 08:16 AM

Re: Hello and "Servus" from Bavaria

Welcome to the Asylum! Well, the American version of same. Not to worry about your 'English' you're doing just fine. And you're right about 'Slanguage,' frequently it doesn't translate well.

Been a couple of time (UK based fly boards) were I've said 'something' that here would be 'no big deal' but in another Culture ..... WOOZER! :shades: Same word, but a whole different meaning!!:upset:

Now back to your photos.

Fred

Edit/edit: Ahhhhh, there's the photos. Cool!

thorsten 10-24-2012 10:47 AM

Hello Stefan,

Wellcome to this fantastic forum and donīt worry about your English, I also have a "hessisch" accent ;)

It looks that you have a wonderful place to fish and I am sure that the "virus" fly fishing will infest you for the rest of your life :D If you have the possibility to come to Hessen, donīt hesitate to contact me - we could spend some time at my home river Dill.

jpbfly 10-24-2012 10:59 AM

Grüß Gott and :welcomean Stefan;)this forum is getting more and more international:rolleyes:not surprising...it's the best:D

mcnerney 10-24-2012 11:34 AM

Stefan: Welcome to the forum! Great looking country and fish.

Larry

theboz 10-24-2012 01:12 PM

Welcome to the forum! Beautiful country! Guess I'm going to have to go back again! So nice! Thanks for sharing!

tennessee dave 10-24-2012 03:03 PM

A warm welcome to the gang. Your English is fine. I look forward to your posts as you start on this wonderful journey into the world of fly fishing.

Hardyreels 10-24-2012 08:44 PM

Hello Stefan,

Beautiful photographs, you are welcome here.

Ard

caseywise 10-24-2012 09:25 PM

welcome to our forum stefan,
your pictures are absolutely beautiful and i look forward to seeing more from your part of the world:)
i was also curious what kind of fish is that in the last picture?? it looks allot like a char...

casey

reed22 10-24-2012 11:23 PM

Hello Stefan! You weren't recently visiting Boston Massachusetts were you? I met a Stefan from Germany on the beach, he had a high end camera...hmmm

welcome anyway!