The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 09:36 PM

trick has a spectacular aura abouttrick has a spectacular aura about
Default New member from North Texas

New guy here. Just got back into flyfishing after 29 long years. We went to Colorado a few weeks go and fished around the Almont area and had a blast. I really missed flyfishing. I'm ready to sell everything and move up there now. Not a lot of trout fishing to be had around here, ok none to be had. But there are alot of small private tanks and small lakes I can hone my skills on. The amount of knowledge on this forum is pretty staggering, and I'll do my best not to ask stupid questions.

Thanks,
Matt Smith
Old 07-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member from North Texas

Matt: Welcome to the forum, we are glad to have you and welcome back to fly fishing! Don't worry about asking stupid questions, if you're interested in learning, ask away, the members here will try our best to provide answers for you. You fished a good area around Almont! That sure is beautiful country around there isn't it!

Larry
Old 07-23-2010, 12:47 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

There you go Matt, this way everyone will know you're here. Stay in touch here OK?

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-23-2010, 02:04 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Matt!great forum and great people here
Old 07-23-2010, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Matt, welcome aboard.

You've got very good trout fishing nearer than you think in SE OK on the Lower Mountain Fork River, near and below Beavers Bend State Park. I used to enjoy wading for sunfish and bass on the Brazos below PK lake and on the Paluxy near Glen Rose.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:50 PM

trick has a spectacular aura abouttrick has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the warm welcome. Cliff, I've heard about the trout fishing below Beavers bend and need to go check it out. I've heard that it's pretty conjested with float tubers though, but I need go see for myself. It's only a couple hours away from me, and makes for a nice ride on the Trike. I also need to get down your way and check out some of the areas you've post about. And Below PK sounds like fun. May be time to invest in a Scadden pontoon boat. Hmmm. So much to do, so little time. Wish I would have gotten back into flyfishing years ago. I feel like I've missed soo much.

Thanks,
Matt Smith
Old 07-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by trick View Post
Cliff, I've heard about the trout fishing below Beavers bend and need to go check it out. I've heard that it's pretty conjested with float tubers though, but I need go see for myself.
It sounds like you may be confusing the LMF with the Guadalupe, the other trout stocked tailwater that's near New Braunfels. I know of no tubing on the LMF (except maybe a few folks in the canoe area during the summer's peak) but the Guad is silly with them from Memorial Day to Labor day.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 08-01-2010, 09:19 PM

jeffd18 is on a distinguished road

Matt, I am new to fly fishing - just got back from a trip to Wyoming where I fished the Wind River and am I ever hooked. I'm a bass fisherman who lives near Lake Fork. I have a couple of buddies who fly fish - in Sulphur Springs we have a lake with bluegill that is perfect for practice. Or we go after bass in my pond. And there was an inaugral fly fishing bass tournament at Fork in May. They also go to Beavers Bend a lot, which is only a couple of hours at most from here. It's a nice ride on the Harley also! Jeff D
Old 08-01-2010, 10:20 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Add my welcome from the deepest, darkest part of Southern Oregon.

fae
Old 09-02-2010, 10:58 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Matt- just wanted to add my voice to the welcomes-- sounds like you're hooked pretty bad- feel free to jump in on threads, ask questions, help yourself to the fridge,and make yourself at home.