The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By fredaevans
  • 1 Post By dean_mt
  • 1 Post By gatortransplant

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 08:26 PM

spioni is on a distinguished road
Default New member in Holland, MI

Hi All,

I've been fishing for my entire life (32 yrs.) and fly fishing for about 20 years. Over the last ~5 yrs, I've been using flies for ~97% of my fishing. Everything from all the usual suspects such as dries, nymphs, streamers with both single and double-handed presentations to newer pursuits, for me, such as anadromous species from the piers and surf in and around the Great Lakes. Also, I tie all of my own flies for everything I fish for and more...including classic and more contemporary presentation flies.

Just slowly trying to get involved in the community as time and my studies allow. Looking forward to learning more about my sport!

Best regards,

Dave
Old 12-03-2012, 08:57 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member in Holland, MI

Welcome! You're from a great part of the country, I miss West Michigan Look forward to your posts.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:18 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: New member in Holland, MI

Welcome to the Asylum! 99.999999999% of the inmates here are .....?
imxer and jpbfly like this.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 PM

dean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant futuredean_mt has a brilliant future

Welcome aboard, spioni. I'm a 3rd, maybe 4th Generation West Michigander! My great grandparents farmed outside Jensen, I think it was. I miss the big lake at times too. I'm sure I'd be two-handing it in the fresh surf if I moved back ever! I hope to hear about and see some pictures of fly fishing in the "surf."
williamhj likes this.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Dave,

By the sounds of it you'll be a good fit in this group, welcome to the forum,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-04-2012, 12:17 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Welcome Dave, with talk of studies and Holland, MI, does that mean you're at Hope College? It doesn't help that that is the only college I know in the area, but I figure it's worth a shot! Looking forward to seeing photos and hearing stories of your adventures, and also of your tying!
williamhj likes this.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-04-2012, 02:17 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Dave...Are you a maths student?Looking forward to seeing your reports,pics and flies
Old 12-04-2012, 08:31 AM

darwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the roughdarwin is a jewel in the rough

Hello Dave & welcome
Old 12-04-2012, 08:34 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Dave

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures!

Larry