The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   new guy from italy (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/304414-new-guy-italy.html)

lamantina 12-06-2012 11:30 AM

new guy from italy

Hi all,
my name is Stefano. I'm a young fly fisher from the north of Italy. I recently began fly fishing seriously, and I hope to learn a lot from this forum about fly tying as well.

Thanks
Stefano :)

mcnerney 12-06-2012 11:51 AM

Re: new guy from italy

Stefano: Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to reading about your fishing in Italy and have you actively participate on the forum. Lots of information on this site, use the search function to find what you are looking for, if you can't find it, don't hesitate to ask questions.

Larry

fredaevans 12-06-2012 12:25 PM

+1 to what Larry just said. Not to worry if a question may sound repetitive; amazing how 'new information' will still pop up in a thread. As an example I doubt 5% of US based fishermen had ever heard of French or Czech Nymphing a year ago. Another one would be 'Tenkara.' "Ten what" followed by a blank stare.
:D

jpbfly 12-06-2012 01:54 PM

Benvenuto Stefano;)from a french neighbour...I fished in Italy a few times...don't know if we can still call this forum the NAFFF:rolleyes:...It's getting more and more international...:)

yonder 12-06-2012 02:13 PM

Welcome to the forum Stefano.........please post some pictures of your fishing in Italy!!!:)

lamantina 12-07-2012 05:08 AM

Thanks for your welcome!! I know italian rivers are not as amazing as yellowstone or Missouri river but I Will try to share with you some italian fly fishing days.

Bye stefano

fredaevans 12-07-2012 05:29 AM

Looking forward to those pictures. Been to Italy many times and LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT. Well, one exception .... driving in southern Italy is a life experience. :eek:

Edit: Forgot to ask, where in Italy do you live?
Fred

il_wi_fishing 12-07-2012 07:14 AM

i love the worldwide presence here, just a north american forum is great, but the international aspect adds some real flavor here :D

Welcome

jaybo41 12-07-2012 03:20 PM

Welcome to the forum Stefano:thumbup:

caseywise 12-07-2012 03:27 PM

welcome the the forum stefano!
there is a lot of very knowledgeable folks here that are more than happy to answer any questions you may have;)
i'm looking forward to hearing more from your part of the world.
:)
casey