The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2012, 10:39 AM

palonewolf is on a distinguished road
Default New Guy From Pennsylvania

Great site you have here. I signed up in April but I just read and then read some more. I was told once to just shut up and listen (in this case read) at first because you will learn a ton. There will be a time to ask questions. Well, that time is now. I am pretty new to fly fishing. I've fished all my life but just picked up fly fishing a couple of years ago. Some has come easy and other parts have been a pain. I have so much to learn still. This site has help me a lot and I hope it will some more.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:49 AM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New Guy From Pennsylvania

welcome, what do you target mostly?

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing
Old 12-07-2012, 12:29 PM

Being new at fly fishing I went after panfish first and I've been going after trout (rainbow and brookies) a lot more.
il_wi_fishing and yonder like this.
Old 12-07-2012, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi,

I was born at the Williamsport hospital; lived in and fished the state for more years than anywhere else. What part of 'Western' are you in?

Welcome to the discussion threads,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-07-2012, 12:42 PM

il_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura aboutil_wi_fishing has a spectacular aura about

never been to pa but heard the trout streams around state college are pretty classy

Illinois Wisconsin Fishing
Old 12-07-2012, 12:42 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! I agree, sometimes it's best to just listen (or read) before opening one's mouth. That said, sometimes you can save yourself a lot of time by asking a question or two. I remember when I started fly fishing some of the terminology was confusing and a simple explanation helped me quite a bit. Feel free to ask away! I'm sure you'll find folks here knowledgeable and helpful, as I have.
il_wi_fishing, jaybo41 and yonder like this.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:18 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

are you the same lonewolve from PAFF?

Welcome here too!

Addicted To Vise
Old 12-07-2012, 03:18 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the the best fly fishing forum on the net You'll be amazed by the collective knowledge here.
il_wi_fishing likes this.

Last edited by jaybo41; 12-07-2012 at 06:03 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 06:21 PM

I live in Greensburg. Just east of Pittsburgh. No I am not the same person on the paff. I am on there but with a different name.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:27 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by palonewolf View Post
I am on there but with a different name.
Ahhh, tryin to confuse us huh? Juuuust kidding. Welcome to the forum.