The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2012, 11:21 AM

bigshayne is on a distinguished road
Default Merry Christmas

So I joined last week and have spent quite a few hours trolling through the posts. From what I can tell there is not a lot of anglers from the Central Oregon area on here, but I'll try to represent.

And since I am still alive today (world not ending) I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas!
imxer likes this.
Old 12-21-2012, 11:46 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Merry Christmas

Hi Shayne,

Welcome to the forum, we do get a lot of inquiries about your area but you're right, we don't have much representation right there. You'll fit right in,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-21-2012, 02:05 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Shayne: Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures there in central Oregon.

Larry

Larry
Old 12-21-2012, 02:21 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum shayne
lots of good people here. looking forward to hearing more from you.

casey

ARFE
Old 12-21-2012, 02:24 PM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about

Hello Shayne,

welcome to this great forum and MERRY CHRISTMAS

THORSTEN
Old 12-21-2012, 02:43 PM

Thanks everyone. I personally don't fish much in the summer (guiding) but I fish the other 8 months a year. There are some world class fisheries here in Central Oregon, and I feel very blessed to call this area home!
Old 12-21-2012, 07:02 PM

Jimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud ofJimmie has much to be proud of

Welcome bigshayne .

What rivers are you near/guide? Fished many in Oregon. Enjoyed the Bend area last trip.

Merry Christmas to you too.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:42 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Glad to have you on board BigShayne.

Dave
Old 12-21-2012, 09:16 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshayne View Post
And since I am still alive today (world not ending) I would like to wish you a Merry Christmas!
Yah silly Mayans and that goofy calendar! Welcome to the forum. Actually I think there are probably quite a few guys in your area. It may take some looking to find them, but I'm sure there a more than a few.

Actually, the Mayan calendar never said the world was going to end on ....today. The number 13 was a sacred number for them They divided time into periods called Baktun. Today is the end of the time charted on the Mayan calendar because it is the end of the 13th Baktun. If they had managed to survive as a culture they would be busy chisleing a new calendar with 13 more Baktuns. The whole apocolypse idea is a silly misinterperatation of what the calendar means.
Old 12-22-2012, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmie View Post
Welcome bigshayne .

What rivers are you near/guide? Fished many in Oregon. Enjoyed the Bend area last trip.

Merry Christmas to you too.
I live in Bend. I fish the Crooked very often. I guide the Fall, Crooked, and Upper Deschutes.