The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2012, 01:33 PM

bignap200 is on a distinguished road
Default Whats up?

Yo guys just joined up here, from Atlantic City N.J. And 90% of my fishing is done 80 nm east in the Atlantic Ocean chasing Tuna, swords, white and blue marlin and many other pelagic species. As well as inshore fluke. Striped bass, blackfish ...... Whatever wants to eat. But at 7 yrs old my father put a 10ft 6 wt fly rod in my hand on one of the Lake Ontario tribs for steelhead and the crazy obsessive addiction began. Now at 36 Im 100 times worse as I was then! Something about being in the water on ur own reading the water tying ur own flies, doing all the work urself that I love more than taking a 55" boat 90 miles offshore with crew of 6 with reports and satellite surface temp charts and the electronics that we have today the fish dnt stand a chance! When I'm fly fishing I'm also hunting and using skills learned over time! Anyway I'm just getting into 2 handed spey fishing, bought 2 rods and I'm starting to learn a little bit because its all new to me and in sort of a diff language than single hand fly fishing. Hoping to gain some knowledge on here...
Old 12-26-2012, 01:52 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future
Default Re: Whats up?

Grew up in Monmoth Co doing the same. Worked on head boats, charter boats and even a couple longliners chasing tuna and swords. Now I'm stuck in Ohio but we got steelies here too. Fish a spey from time to time as well you came to a good place welcome aboard.
Old 12-26-2012, 02:12 PM

bignap200 is on a distinguished road

I wish I had more options to fish for steel near Jerzee. I've only fished for landlocked, I'm hoping within 4-5 year to take a trip for some real sea run fish in BC or out west!
Old 12-26-2012, 02:21 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Yeah they're a totally different animal.