The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 07:01 AM

jager is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Virginia

After lurking for a couple weeks, I figured it'd be proper to say hello before I join the campfire.

I live in northern Virginia and like to fly fish for everything, but mostly trout and smallmouth. After many years of attending only infrequently to the sport, I now have the time to return to the first love of my life.

It's been interesting catching up on the changes in the sport. The new chest waders I bought a few weeks ago to replace my 25-year-old Simms neoprene's are so much lighter. And they breathe - imagine that!

Don't tell my wife, but I treated myself to two new fly rods. A new 8 1/2' 5wt to go with that 6wt Orvis Limestone I used those many years ago. And a tiny little 3wt to use on those tortuously tight mountain streams we have here in Virginia.

Back in the day, anything under a 4wt was considered a specialty rod. Now, I see that they've become quite mainstream. I'm really intrigued so see how I get along with a 3wt. I'm already thinking that another one, maybe a foot longer than the 6'10" one I just got, might be interesting on slightly bigger water...

It's nice to see that some things haven't changed so much, though. That old Hardy Princess of mine still seems like it'll fit the bill. Need to get a fresh line for it today. Notwithstanding the lovely joy of playing with a new fly rod, it's also nice to pick up a long lost friend. That old Limestone will still get its time.

Anyway, I look forward to continuing to learn and living vicariously through the good folks here...

Jeff
Old 07-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Virginia

Jeff welcome aboard--- and don't worry we won't tell your wife about the new rods---- or tell you about her 7 new pairs of shoes ---- oops

I'm up here in NY but I imagine you've been hit with the same hi temps we've been getting--- it's tough to even be out and about in weather like we've been having.

Looking forward to your posts--- feel free to jump in on threads and make yourself at home here.

best regards,
Old 07-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Jeff: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! I'll be looking forward to your trip reports. If you have a camera please post some photos of the areas you like to fish. I lived in Hampton for a few years while in the AF and really loved that part of the country.

Larry
Old 07-26-2010, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Jeff.as for your wife ...beware...there are some sneaks on the forum
Old 07-26-2010, 07:34 AM

axle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud ofaxle27 has much to be proud of

Welcome aboard.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Jeff,

That's a pretty good Hello you gave there. Like you said some things don't change and you will find most of your memories have been waiting for your return. I believe that hearing that Princess whine one of these evenings will complete your re-entry.

Do keep us informed,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-26-2010, 05:15 PM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Hey there Jeff. Glad you've joined in.

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...