The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 09:32 AM

hemphill is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings from Northern Ontario, Canada

I am a new member and had moved up to Northern Ontario last year and had resumed spinning and baitcasting fishing after a hiatus of a number of years. I have been wanting to get into fly fishing for a long time and am planning on giving it a go once the water goes soft again. I am looking to go after the stocked trout lakes around this region as well as the walleye and small mouth, and would appreciate any suggestions I can get.

Thanks,
Austin
Old 01-06-2013, 11:40 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings from Northern Ontario, Canada

Welcome to 'The Asylum' Austin. Loved your line about the 'water going soft again.' I can easily guess what its like at the moment.
FRed
Old 01-06-2013, 12:57 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

You've picked the right spot. There is a lot of information to be had here. Where in Ontario are you? I'm right on the border with Ontario.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Austin: Welcome to the forum! There is a ton of information on this site, browse around, use the search function and don't hesitate to ask questions. You should have some greatfishing opportunities in your neck of the woods, looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures. If your looking to explore the local lakes you probably should look into getting a float tube or pontoon or some other craft if you don't already have one.

Larry

Larry
Old 01-06-2013, 02:21 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! Bet you'll find some great information here
Old 01-06-2013, 08:03 PM

hemphill is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the welcome guys, I have already learned a bunch and am looking forward to learning more.

Fred, thankfully I got to fish until mid November this year so I can't be too upset about the ice. And it has just gotten thick enough to go out on so I can resume fishing again.

Dan, I am up in Kirkland Lake, about 7 hours north of Toronto. Lots of opportunity here for sure. I have read a number of your posts on walleye and they have really piqued my interest of giving them a good chase with the new gear.

Larry, I have a 16.5 ft aluminum boat that is just the ticket for the bigger lakes in the region, but I am thinking of a canoe or kayak for the smaller and more interesting lakes and rivers.

Austin