The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 10:42 PM

frogg will become famous soon enoughfrogg will become famous soon enough
Default Hello from Upstate NY

Hello all!
My name is Chris, though I go by 'Frogg' or 'Froggy' at work. (It's a voice thing. If you're old enough to have seen the 'Little Rascals' you'll understand.)
I've been fly fishing for about 4-5 years, and I still need a lot of practice. I've enjoyed tying flies for a couple years as well. (Wooly buggers and leaches, are more my speed, not Adams' and Hare's Ear Nymphs.) I've been building rods for around ten years now. Most of the rods I build are for raffles or donations.
I'm married to Melissa(21 years), and we have two great kids Thomas (21) and Heather (19).
When I'm not fishing, or doing anything fishing related, I'm usually on my bike ('03 Vulcan 1500). I ride with the Patriot Guard Riders as well as the American Legion Riders and Rolling Thunder. If you haven't caught on by the company I keep, I do a lot with/for our Veterans. (US Navy Vet).

Chris
Old 01-09-2013, 10:54 PM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Hello from Upstate NY

Hi, Chris.
I'm not sure, but I think there might be one or two of us on the forum who are old enough to remember the Little Rascals.
Sounds like life is good for you - and you deserve it for helping the vets.
You're going to love this forum. I'm impressed every day with the talent here. Welcome.
John Squires
Old 01-09-2013, 11:17 PM

Thank you for the welcome, John. I hope to learn more from the members here as well as pass on anything I can in my fields of knowledge.

I kinda' figured there may be a few members here that have heard of Our Gang. I watched the reruns, by the way. I ain't old enough to have seen them first run.

Chris

Last edited by frogg; 01-10-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:27 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum!
Old 01-10-2013, 02:45 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Chris: Welcome to the forum, grat to have you on board!
It's also good to have others here that also like to support the vets, the other day I donated some flies that I tied to the Rocky Mtn Project Healing Waters program and also to the Casper, WY chapter. I've been fly fishing since the early 80's and tying about that long but my tying is pretty basic stuff compared to some of the wizards we have on this forum. LOL!
Project Healing Waters

Anyway, looking forward to seeing some of your custom rods once you figure out how to post photos. Just realize you aren't allowed to upload photos directly from your computer to a thread. Instead you must use a third party site like PhotoBucket and then link from their or create a photo album on this site and then link from the album to your post. To link you use the little yellow icon that looks like a mountain picture that is located up at the top of the area where you type in comments.

Larry

Old 01-10-2013, 05:09 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Frogg, hope you enjoy the site. I always ask the newcomers to be sure and check out the search feature. There is a treasure trove of cool discussions hidden in there from the past.

Have fun and waiting to hear of your fly fishing adventures!

Dave
Old 01-10-2013, 07:51 AM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the forum, and thanks for your service. We have a summer cottage upstate by the West Canada.

USAF 66-68, Life Member DAV.
frogg likes this.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:00 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum chris!
sounds like you do allot of good charitable work.love that!
you will certainly fit in great here with your tying/building experience.
i second larry as to seeing some of your rods!
looking forward to hearing/seeing more from you

casey

ARFE
Old 01-10-2013, 10:58 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!

Chris
Old 01-10-2013, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Frogg....from a from a froggie....that's how the british call us cause we are frog eaters