The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 06:44 PM

lake flyer will become famous soon enoughlake flyer will become famous soon enough
Default Hello from Ohio

Just joined the forum after having visited a few times over the last few years. I fish mainly for trout in Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Montana/Idaho. Chase steelhead in Ohio fall and winter when it's too cold for chasing trout on dries. Smallmouth bass on poppers keeps the casting sharp during the summer around home. My wife loves dry fly fishing for trout so our vacations are mostly fishing in Michigan and Montana. Although I primarily fly fish I also enjoy using spinning gear and baitcasting gear. Looking forward to participating here and learning a few things as well as contributing.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:50 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Hello from Ohio

Welcome to the forum, lots of great information on here. Enjoy
Old 01-28-2013, 06:53 PM

popperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to allpopperfly is a name known to all
Send a message via Skype™ to popperfly

Welcome lake flyer, what rivers do you fish in Michigan?

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !
Old 01-28-2013, 07:36 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum lake flyer, good to have you aboard.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:51 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! Look forward to pictures!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 PM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Welcome to the party fellow Buckeye.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:07 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum! You are indeed blessed to have your wife also enjoy fly fishing!

Old 01-29-2013, 05:31 PM

lake flyer will become famous soon enoughlake flyer will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by popperfly View Post
Welcome lake flyer, what rivers do you fish in Michigan?
thanks to everyone for the nice welcome!

We fish mainly the AuSable and the Manistee in Michigan. We also like the Black and the Pine. We have also fished the Pere Marquette and the Little Manistee but prefer the others for trout on dries.

In Montana, we like the Blackfoot, Clark fork, NF Blackfoot, Rock Ck around Missoula. Around Twin bridges we really like the Big Hole, Ruby, Beaverhead, Jefferson, Boulder, and other smaller creeks. We have also fished in and around Yellowstone on the Madison, Gallatin, Firehole, Nez perce.

Idaho we have fished the St Joe and Lochsa.

My wife is the better trout fisher with dries. She just doesn't give up on a fish and nearly always gets a take through persistence or fly changes or both.

I've learned a lot fishing with her. We mainly wade fish, just don't have the funds to be guided all the time. I fish for steelhead a lot also but maybe I'll save that for another post.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:42 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum
looking forward to seeing hearing more from you.

ARFE
Old 01-30-2013, 07:05 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Welcome, I and my wife are both displaced buckeyes and made it back to Ohio last summer.

Don't overlook bluegills and bass on a fly rod with dry flies, took my 4pc 5 wt on vacation back there last year and had a blast catching both with hopper and dragon fly patterns in the two little ponds at the campsite where we stayed.

Dave

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.