The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By troutdiver

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 07:35 PM

troutdiver is on a distinguished road
Default Finger Lakes in NY

I am going to start fly fishing again, have been away for to many years. Started looking at different sites to shake some of the rust off and came across this one and just liked the way it felt. I was cleaning out some stuff in the cellar and came a across my old fly tying box, opened it up and all but one cape survived. Sat down and tied some flies, and could not think of a good reason not to have been fishing more often than I have.
williamhj and djamtime like this.
Old 02-10-2013, 07:59 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finger Lakes in NY

Thanks for the intro and welcome to the forum. Sounds like you're getting right back into the groove So many things in life manage to get in the way of doing what we love, I'm glad you're reconnecting with fishing. Your post reminded me of this Robert Traver quote, on why he loves fishing

not because I regard fishing as being so terribly important but because I suspect that so many other concerns of men are equally unimportant -- and not nearly so much fun
Old 02-11-2013, 01:35 PM

Great quote, thanks. Hit the nail right on the head.
Old 02-11-2013, 02:43 PM

sandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to beholdsandfly is a splendid one to behold

what area of Ny are you from ??
N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
from the outer edge of nowhere
fly tying and fishing Gillie..
Old 02-11-2013, 03:40 PM

Skaneateles, NY.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:01 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Took the family there for a vacation...got to do some trout fishing and had a blast! Neat little town you live in!
Old 02-11-2013, 06:14 PM

Thanks, were did you fish ?
Old 02-11-2013, 07:50 PM

ghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud ofghocevar has much to be proud of

Ninemile Creek I think...near the old paper mill and then also where that cool rock overhang is by that small park.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:06 AM

Mimemile is the go to stream in the area. The county stocks it pretty well, atleast twice a year. There is usally a decent number of hold overs from previous years, and the county has program for 2yr old fish. Now if you go south of were you fished below the rail road over pass in to the thicker swamp areas there is a good population of native fish. There are a couple of other streams that have decent fishing in the area if you get back this way let me know I,ll let you know were to go.