The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By whirlpool
  • 1 Post By jaybo41
  • 1 Post By whirlpool

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2013, 10:47 AM

whirlpool is on a distinguished road
Default Jumping in

I have been a member of other BB for some time now but mostly for my upland hunting addiction. I am equally passionate about fly fishing and it occupies a large amount of my time and that is not including the hours dreaming about the next exotic trip or about the tie that the bass on my local pond can't refuse. My home waters are the Au Sable and Manistee rivers in upper middle of the Mitt where my cabin resides. I look forward to hanging with a bunch of fly guys when I am not so lucky to find myself on the water.

Click the image to open in full size.
The view out my cabin window

I also like to fish out west

Hooked up on a flat is not a bad place to be

When on my home stream I love to fish at night.

Hope I can bring a little something to your day on occasion because I am sure I will receive a lot of info and inspiration from all of you.
-Whirlpool
imxer and mista_bob like this.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:00 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jumping in

A lot of good folks hang out here and new members and their stories are always welcome.

Dave
Old 02-16-2013, 11:02 AM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Whirlpool, good to have you posting with us. Those are great shots you've shared! In particular, the one from your cabin looks like heaven. Good first post
imxer likes this.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:04 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum whirlpool
looking forward to hearing more from you.....

casey

ARFE
Old 02-16-2013, 11:52 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! Beautiful view out your cabin window. Michigan is a very beautiful state.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:59 AM

whirlpool is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by williamhj View Post
Welcome! Beautiful view out your cabin window. Michigan is a very beautiful state.
You may recognize the picture of Cheesman Canyon on a January day about 5 weeks ago now. You have some beautiful water in Colorado, I will be back when there is no snow on the ground.

I read your profile and it seams you have fished some of the places I have. My cabin is on the South Branch and in the picture it has shelf ice covering about half the river
williamhj likes this.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:40 AM

mista_bob is on a distinguished road
Arrow Re: Jumping in

That river shot is gorgeous! I'm loving the view from your cabin, too.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:11 AM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlpool View Post
You may recognize the picture of Cheesman Canyon on a January day about 5 weeks ago now. You have some beautiful water in Colorado, I will be back when there is no snow on the ground.

I read your profile and it seams you have fished some of the places I have. My cabin is on the South Branch and in the picture it has shelf ice covering about half the river
I have fished the South Branch, I can see why you love the cabin!

We do have some great water in Colorado, though flying back to Michigan in the summer I'm always struck by how green it is compared to here! I'm thankful to be able to fish in both places

The picture of Cheesman makes we want to get out there today
Old 02-22-2013, 10:27 AM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about

Welcome. You are going to enjoy the people on this forum.
I've never been to Michigan or Minnesota, and the more photos and stories I hear about that area, the more I regret never having been there.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:12 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

whirlpool....thanks for the pics...think some are going to be a bit jealous