The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2013, 04:59 PM

BigJim2x has a spectacular aura aboutBigJim2x has a spectacular aura about
Default emerging in south central MN

Hi all not brand new to fly fishing, I did some one summer in the mid '90s but nothing since. A few weeks ago I was musing on checking out the Lake Superior Steelhead sprig run and the more I thought about it I came to realize that I am within an hour of the Driftless Area (which is where I tried fishing those 20 years ago).

Got out the rods, had one repaired; checking out the reels; tried on the old waders (they still pull on but are a little snug) and I am looking forward to wetting a line.

This site has been informative and a lot of fun with conflicting opinions (it seems I'll fit right in as opinionated as I am)

I don't know what I'm doing, don't have any fishing buddies to join me on the stream and laugh at what I'm trying to do, so I will be counting on you guys for info on what I'm doing wrong and to show me how you do it wrong better .

Jim
Old 02-20-2013, 05:41 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: emerging in south central MN

Welcome to the forum. I'm in Minnesota also. The other end though.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:45 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Welcome aboard. I'm another MN member. I used to live over in Mankato. Don't overlook the area lakes, and rivers for bass or panfish on the fly. Lots of fun to be had over there.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:53 PM

Mnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really niceMnflyfish is just really nice

Hello from another MN member. Im in the driftless, SE corner close to Iowa. Maybe we could meet up one day. im fairly green, but really enjoy the sport.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:17 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Jim: Welcome to the forum!

You live in a great area for fly fishing, I heard that if you fish the Driftless Area, all you have to do is wet a line and those monster browns just jump all over anything you have on, no need to know anything about presentation or hatches!

Seriously, don't hesitate to ask questions, we will try our best to help you out!

Larry

Old 02-20-2013, 10:29 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Larry,

I don't know who told you that, because it's supposed to be a local secret! 25" browns by the truckload.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:12 PM

smarty140 is on a distinguished road

Hello from another new member in MN - I'm up in NE MN, just outside Duluth. I do a fair amount of flyfishing for trout and smallies in the local rivers, a couple trips per year over to the Brule, and love the Driftless Area.
I've been reading the posts on this forum for quite a while and love all the knowledge sharing, trip reports, and seeing everyone's great fly patterns!
ryan
Old 02-21-2013, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

A whole bunch of new members on the same thread, cool!

Welcome to the forum, it's great to see a MN. gathering finally.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;