The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Hello from KY (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/312511-hello-ky.html)

streamhound 03-03-2013 10:22 PM

Hello from KY

Hi everyone,
Joined the forum a while ago but have been a bit of a lurker. Decided to change that and say hello. Also decided it was time to get a bit more serious about using the flyrod and focusing on all the warm water outlets I have nearby. Catching trout is fun but the wild trout water is 4 hours and another timezone away. So I'll see you over at the warmwater section.

mcnerney 03-04-2013 03:35 AM

Re: Hello from KY

Welcome to the forum! I don't do much warm water fly fishing living here in Wyoming, but when I do it sure is a blast, good luck and keep us posted on how you are doing.

yonder 03-04-2013 03:57 AM

Welcome streamhound. I was also a lurker for about 4 years. I am really glad that I finally joined the forum. There are lots of nice people here who can tell good stories and share some good advice. Be sure to post some pictures of your catches this year. We like pictures!!:)

higginsb4 03-04-2013 08:33 AM

Hello:

I am taking a trip to the Red River Gorge in Kentucky next week, anyone know of any good spots? or flies to throw?

Thanks

jpbfly 03-04-2013 11:09 AM

:welcome:I've only fished for trout for years...but found other very interesting fish to catch on a fly...so have fun;)looking forward to seeing your reports and pics.

Eddie O'Neill 03-04-2013 12:36 PM

Welcome to the forum. I'll be trying some warm water fishing this year for the first time also, good luck:)

moxnichts 04-19-2013 12:05 AM

Re: Hello from CA

just saying hello,

Like many I assume, I spent my youth and most of my adult life with spinning gear. Along with a couple friends have been mainly concentrating on fly fishing for the last year. That makes me a fly fishing newbe. So much to learn, but its all about getting out even if I only make it look diffucult. I have been enjoying Northern CA rivers like the Stanislaus, Truckee, Pit and Lower Sacramento.

Thanks!

Hardyreels 04-19-2013 12:13 AM

Re: Hello from CA

HI,

Welcome to the on-line fishing world. Don't let a 4 hour drive stop you, even though I live up here I still must travel for the best fishing.

Glad you've started posting,

Ard

Liphookedau 04-19-2013 06:40 AM

Hi Streamhound.
Welcome aboard I 'll go along with Ard especially if you have a few days to spare even though I don't fish in The warm Water I have Friends who Drove nearly 4000 Miles through 4 States & return to Catch Bonefish.
Brian.

shotgunfly 04-19-2013 07:59 AM

Welcome aboard streamhound. Looking forward to reading about your warm water adventures. Fly fishing for warm water species is pretty dang exciting too! Good luck with your getting serious about fly fishing...this is definitely the place to learn and share.