The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Hello all (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/315079-hello-all.html)

gary w 03-29-2013 03:07 PM

Hello all

Hello, this is my second year fly fishing after being a spinner fisherman for all my life. I have to give my 19 yr old son credit for getting me into fly fishing and tying. Now my 16 yr old daughter has started fly fishing, but she doesn't like taking the fish off the hook so no trout fishing for her until she takes them off. :)

I live in Clarion County Pennsylvania, and I own Vinyl Graphics Unlimited ( sign shop ) as most people, I started with a cheap SA set up, then as I realized how much I like it I've been building my stable
First I started with a Traditions III 9' 6wt. With a cheaper Cabela's reel
Then I had a local rod builder Bill Kodrich build me a TFO Lefty 9' 5 wt. With an Orvis Clearwater reel
And last week I ordered another rod from Bill, I have him putting me together a MHX 8' 4 wt. Which will have an Orvis Battenkill Bar Stock

Hardyreels 03-29-2013 03:20 PM

Re: Hello all

Hi Gary,

It's been a while since I've been to Clarion County but during my life in Pennsylvania I've been to all the counties. I would suggest schedule juggling so you have time to explore Center, Clinton, Potter, Lycoming, and Tioga counties. Although there are others with some notable fisheries those named are literally full of it.

Welcome to the forum,

Ard

Guest1 03-29-2013 05:08 PM

Welcome to forum. Maybe it would help telling her that the Trout are clean. After all, they have been taking a bath their whole lives. :D

fredaevans 03-29-2013 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diver Dan (Post 542007)
Welcome to forum. Maybe it would help telling her that the Trout are clean. After all, they have been taking a bath their whole lives. :D

Welcome!

DD, the best 'one liner' I've read in years!
:wavetowel

mcnerney 03-29-2013 06:40 PM

Gary: Welcome to the forum! It's always a great pleasure to fish with your children, it provides some memories that will last forever, enjoy it while you can.

gary w 03-29-2013 08:14 PM

Thanks everyone, fishing with my son has been a great time, my daughter has been fun also but fishing with Tyler has just been a complete joy. And he has be very patient teaching me to cast as well as tie.

I do want to travel to do some more fishing this year, but not sure of where to go, I know we were planning on a trip to State College, but not sure where else we will make it.

jpbfly 03-30-2013 12:01 AM

:welcomean Gary.Father,son & daughter...looks like a good fishing team:)lots of funny ....but also experienced and helpful people here;)

thorsten 03-30-2013 09:08 AM

Hello Gary,

Wellcome to that fantastic forum :welcomean Two or three times per year I have to spend some days in Pennsylvania and I know that it is a very good location for fishing :fishing:

gary w 03-30-2013 03:48 PM

If any of u are in the clarion county area let me know and if my schedule permits we can spend a few hours on a stream