The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By troutfanatic

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 11:39 AM

troutfanatic is on a distinguished road
Default New Member, Massachusetts

Hi guys,

I joined the forum back in November, but I wasn't around for most of the winter, so I just got back to visiting the forum again. I figured I would introduce myself and become an active member.

I live in Northern Central MA and picked up fly fishing about 2 years ago while I was working in Alaska. I have fished my whole life, but I decided that I wanted to pick up fly fishing and figured what better place to do it than in Alaska. I was lucky enough to be working with a very knowledgable guy who basically showed me everything I know. Well I am hooked! I started tying flies shortly after and now I am addicted to that as well. I don't know if I will pick up a spinning rod again. haha

Anyways I frequent the Swift River in MA along with the Millers, Quinnie, and Stillwater.

It's great to be apart of such a great and knowledgable forum!
mcnerney and Rip Tide like this.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: New Member, Massachusetts

Hello and Welcome to the forum,

There are quite a few members near you and I hope some will spot your post. You did well by including your location in your posting info displayed at top right. I wish everyone would do that, it makes it easy to reply based on where a fellow is at.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-07-2013, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

to this great forum...looks like it's too late to warn you about the addiction
Old 04-07-2013, 11:02 PM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice

Welcome! I am just a little south in RI and fished the Swift all winter. Now that spring is here I will be focused on stripers but will still stray towards MA from time to time not only for salt but for trout as well, especially trying to find wild trout streams.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:09 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the club
lots of great folks here.

ARFE
Old 04-08-2013, 02:38 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum, great knowledge on here, enjoy
Old 04-08-2013, 04:52 PM

troutfanatic is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. The weather is starting to warm up here in the Northeast so hopefully I will get some reports up soon!
Old 04-08-2013, 06:04 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum! I guess it couldn't get any better than to learn to fly fish in Alaska.