The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Hi from Grover,NC (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/316245-hi-grover-nc.html)

nc_cooter 04-10-2013 06:12 PM

Hi from Grover,NC

Been retired for about 4 years and keeping busy with my blacksmithing and knife making hobby.I am starting over with fly fishing after a 15 year absence. Hit hard times and had to sell all my equipment.
This will be a modest start, money still tight. :D I purchased a Cabela's Three Forks fly rod (905-2), Pflueger reel, SA 5wf line and a hand full of flies. I will be pond fishing for pan fish and bass.
I did a little practice in the yard and it came back quickly. Yesterday I walked to a small pond and on my second cast landed 3lb. bass. Caught about a dozen bream and one more small bass. Didn't realize how much I missed it!
I'll be keeping the equipment simple, but not the fun.

Mike Broach

mcnerney 04-10-2013 07:26 PM

Re: Hi from Grover,NC

Mike: Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the first outing, looks like you did pretty well.

caseywise 04-10-2013 07:31 PM

welcome to the forum mike!
great to hear your back at it again:D

casey

Eddie O'Neill 04-10-2013 07:48 PM

Welcome to the forum, sounds like a great return, enjoy:)

jaybo41 04-10-2013 10:55 PM

Welcome to the forum Mike, great to have you aboard. It's wonderful that you found your way back to fishing. I like your approach to it, keeping things simple, but not the fun:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'd love to see your craftsmanship sometime if you'd care to share.

nc_cooter 04-11-2013 10:55 AM

Thanks for the friendly welcomes. It's nice to find a forum like this one.
jaybo41, I'll post a few pics of some of my knives later. Thanks for your interest.

Mike Broach

jpbfly 04-11-2013 11:06 AM

:welcomean Mike....how could you stop fishing for 15 years?:eek:I get depressed if I can't go fishing for a week:Djust kidding;)...great forum and great people here.

mikel 04-11-2013 11:59 AM

welcome to the forum and back to the sport :)

yonder 04-11-2013 03:51 PM

Welcome back to the sport Mike......and I also look forward to seeing some knives!!:)

nc_cooter 04-11-2013 08:07 PM

For those who want to see some of my knives and blacksmith work, here is a link to my PB album.
nc_cooter's Library | Photobucket
I also do 18th century living history demos at Kings Mountain National Military park. I am the fat dude in the black hat and blue frock.

Mike Broach