The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2013, 06:12 PM

nc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the rough
Default Hi from Grover,NC

Been retired for about 4 years and keeping busy with my blacksmithing and knife making hobby.I am starting over with fly fishing after a 15 year absence. Hit hard times and had to sell all my equipment.
This will be a modest start, money still tight. I purchased a Cabela's Three Forks fly rod (905-2), Pflueger reel, SA 5wf line and a hand full of flies. I will be pond fishing for pan fish and bass.
I did a little practice in the yard and it came back quickly. Yesterday I walked to a small pond and on my second cast landed 3lb. bass. Caught about a dozen bream and one more small bass. Didn't realize how much I missed it!
I'll be keeping the equipment simple, but not the fun.

Mike Broach
Old 04-10-2013, 07:26 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi from Grover,NC

Mike: Welcome to the forum! Congrats on the first outing, looks like you did pretty well.

Old 04-10-2013, 07:31 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum mike!
great to hear your back at it again

casey

ARFE
Old 04-10-2013, 07:48 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum, sounds like a great return, enjoy
Old 04-10-2013, 10:55 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Mike, great to have you aboard. It's wonderful that you found your way back to fishing. I like your approach to it, keeping things simple, but not the fun

I'd love to see your craftsmanship sometime if you'd care to share.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:55 AM

nc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the rough

Thanks for the friendly welcomes. It's nice to find a forum like this one.
jaybo41, I'll post a few pics of some of my knives later. Thanks for your interest.

Mike Broach
Old 04-11-2013, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Mike....how could you stop fishing for 15 years?I get depressed if I can't go fishing for a weekjust kidding...great forum and great people here.
Old 04-11-2013, 11:59 AM

mikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud ofmikel has much to be proud of

welcome to the forum and back to the sport
Old 04-11-2013, 03:51 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Welcome back to the sport Mike......and I also look forward to seeing some knives!!

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 04-11-2013, 08:07 PM

For those who want to see some of my knives and blacksmith work, here is a link to my PB album.
nc_cooter's Library | Photobucket
I also do 18th century living history demos at Kings Mountain National Military park. I am the fat dude in the black hat and blue frock.

Mike Broach