The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2013, 08:51 PM

duker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really nice
Default Hello From the Northwest Territories

Hello to all NAFFF members:

I'm a long-time "lurker" on this board but only joined as a member recently.

I've been fly fishing for about twelve years--here in the NWT for whitefish and grayling, Alaska (coho in the Chilkoot and Chilkat rivers near Haines), BC (steelhead in the Bulkley near Smithers) and just came back from my first saltwater trip in Belize (bonefish fishing at Turneffe Flats). I also just started fly tying a couple years back and have managed to catch some salmon and steelhead on my own flies--a big thrill.

I feel like I'm finally moving beyond being a mediocre caster and getting the hang of things but still have much to learn, especially as someone who lives in the boonies and doesn't have access to a lot of fly fishing resources like fly shops, instructors, etc. I find these forums to be a great resource, have learned a lot, and look forward to learning more.

Scott
Old 04-14-2013, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Hello From the Northwest Territories

Hello Scott!

I believe you are our first NWT member. I have been around your country and can attest that it is amazing. Do you ever venture to the Yukon to fish? it would be great to see some pictures of your home area.

Any questions you ever have, please post them up. with your years of experience you may just want to know where to find some things but that is why we're here, you'll get answers.

Welcome to the forum Scott,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-14-2013, 10:09 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! I also look forward to seeing some pictures of where you fish, including Belize. Traveled many other places to fish?
Old 04-14-2013, 10:53 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Dear God, hadn't thought about living there for Decades. Short assignment for Dad, or so we thought; 'if it broke (machinery) he could fix anything.' (Lumber mills)

Didn't have the part/parts he'd make them. Very young then but he'd take me to the mill and I'd sit there and watched 'Magic Hands.'

fae
Old 04-15-2013, 08:00 AM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Scott.
From Downunder A Big WELCOME.
If you want any info don't be afraid to ask as we have plenty of friendly & helpful people who are only too happy to help.
I know you'll enjoy it here like the rest of us do.
Cheers
Brian.
Old 04-15-2013, 08:01 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Scott: Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures in the NWT!

Old 04-15-2013, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Scott.great forum and great people here...so enjoy yourself...post a few reports and pics
Old 04-15-2013, 09:05 PM

duker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really nice

Thanks everyone--your quick and friendly replies just confirm why I've been frequenting this forum. Ard and Fred, I've also read your postings over on the Speypages forum and have learned a lot from those (also gotten quite a few chuckles as well!).

Fred, you're in Idaho I believe? I'd love to hear the story of how you almost ended up in the NWT.

Ard, oddly enough I've never fished in the Yukon though I do have friends in Whitehorse and we pass through there every year on our way to Haines. As a resident Alaskan have you ever fished in Haines? Some great coho fishing in the Chilkat and Chilkoot--some friends and I go every October just before the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. This will be my fifteenth year.

Believe it or not I don't have a lot of pics from my various fishing adventures as I don't have a camera and have never been much of picture guy--just no "visual sense", really. I do have a few pics I can dredge up and will try to post those sometime. The pic in my avatar (if I actually loaded it properly) is of me heading out one very chilly morning on the Chilkoot river.

Thanks again for the warm welcome, and I look forward to posting.

Scott
Old 04-15-2013, 09:14 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Scott,

I think you'll understand this; I haven't been to Haines because there's way too much where I'm at. We do love to see new places and one day will get down Southeast. By the sounds of things you get around.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;