The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 07:47 PM

eurovw89 will become famous soon enough
Default New to the forum

I have been fly fishing for the past 10yrs mostly for trout on a native trout stream near my house. I want to step up to a bigger rod and bought a TFO BVK rod so I am looking for a reel to match it with. I would like to hear everyone's opinion on these 3 reels that I am looking into buying

Ultralite DD 7000

Allen Kraken

Allen Alpha III

I appreciate everyone's opinion and thoughts on these reels.

Thank you in advance,
Jeff

This site is perfect...i like it alot most websites that are "fishing" forums dont feel like this one. This is very helpful with lots of information.
Old 04-19-2013, 09:12 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to the forum

Welcome to the forum. You may want to try this again in member introdutions so it gets found more easily.
Old 04-19-2013, 10:06 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Euro: Welcome to the forum! I took the liberty to move your thread over to Member Introductions. Sorry I can't help with a recommendation on a new reel, but I'm sure other members will be able to offer some advice. Best of luck.

Old 04-19-2013, 10:15 PM

eurovw89 will become famous soon enough

thanks you two. i couldnt figure out how to move my thread
Old 04-22-2013, 02:22 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the forum.....you are right about this place. The people here are very nice and most helpful.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 04-22-2013, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Don't own any of these reels but I've only read good things about Allen reels here
Old 04-22-2013, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the forum,

Ard

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurovw89 View Post
This site is perfect...i like it alot most websites that are "fishing" forums dont feel like this one. This is very helpful with lots of information.
This is what we strive for and appreciate hearing, Thank You.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-23-2013, 08:14 PM

duker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really niceduker is just really nice

Welcome Jeff.

You're definitely right about the feel of this forum. You'll enjoy your time here and learn a ton.

Scott
Old 04-23-2013, 08:17 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum!!
great group here

casey

ARFE