The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   New Florida member casting in (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/317451-new-florida-member-casting.html)

half fast 04-23-2013 07:40 PM

New Florida member casting in

Just joined and thought I'd say "Hi!" I took up fly fishing as a kid back when the earth was new, but I've been away from it for quite a few years now and I'm just getting back in. I used to tie many years ago, and I may start up again (still have my vice and tools), though these days I'll need a decent magnifier to see what I'm doing. :)

I'm in central Florida and I fish for bass and bream. Never tried saltwater fly fishing, but maybe sometime in the future. Right now my casting sucks. Fortunately bass fishing doesn't usually require long casts.

If anyone has suggestions for good spots for shore or wade fishing in Polk County, FL, I'd love to hear them.

1/2
------------------------

Hardyreels 04-23-2013 07:50 PM

Re: New Florida member casting in

Hello,

Welcome to the forum, quite a few Florida folks here, they will find you soon.

Ard

half fast 04-23-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardyreels (Post 549619)
Hello,

... they will find you soon.

Ard

Let's hope none of them are creditors. :)

mcnerney 04-23-2013 08:56 PM

1/2: Welcome to the forum!

caseywise 04-23-2013 09:02 PM

welcome to the forum 1/2:D
interesting screen tag you have here, love it:cool:
looking forward to hearing/seeing more from you.

casey

shotgunfly 04-23-2013 09:31 PM

Welcome on-board. Looking forward to some of your warm water posts!!!

Guest1 04-23-2013 09:48 PM

Welcome to the forum. I love your screen name. You sound like you have my kind of humor. I'm sure you will enjoy your time here. Between your screen name, "back when the earth was new" and "Let's hope none of them are creditors. :)", I am already enjoying your contribution. :thmbup::welcomean

jpbfly 04-24-2013 12:20 AM

:welcome:5/5:Dlooks like you like joking....so do I:D

nc_cooter 04-24-2013 06:46 AM

Welcome 1/2. I too am new here and just starting over. We seem to share a similar fly fishing history.
I have always fly fished warm water and continue to do so. I wish you luck as you "climb back on the horse".

Mike Broach

half fast 04-24-2013 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diver Dan (Post 549666)
Welcome to the forum. I love your screen name. You sound like you have my kind of humor.

The screen name comes from my days of sports car racing. I usually ran in the top 5, but never got a win. I wasn't as slow as the slugs at the back, and I wasn't as fast as the winners. Consequently, my crew referred to my driving as "half fast" and always bugged me about my half-fast passes, my half-fast lap times, my half-fast starts, etc.

At least, I assume "half-fast" is what they were saying.... :D

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

BTW, Diver Dan - I'm guessing from your screen name you're a diver. What sorts of diving? I've done a little wreck diving over the years, but mostly I do caves and reefs. My son got certified a couple of years ago and I've enjoyed having him dive with me.