The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2013, 07:40 PM

half fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nice
Default New Florida member casting in

Just joined and thought I'd say "Hi!" I took up fly fishing as a kid back when the earth was new, but I've been away from it for quite a few years now and I'm just getting back in. I used to tie many years ago, and I may start up again (still have my vice and tools), though these days I'll need a decent magnifier to see what I'm doing.

I'm in central Florida and I fish for bass and bream. Never tried saltwater fly fishing, but maybe sometime in the future. Right now my casting sucks. Fortunately bass fishing doesn't usually require long casts.

If anyone has suggestions for good spots for shore or wade fishing in Polk County, FL, I'd love to hear them.

1/2
------------------------
Old 04-23-2013, 07:50 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: New Florida member casting in

Hello,

Welcome to the forum, quite a few Florida folks here, they will find you soon.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-23-2013, 08:12 PM

half fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nicehalf fast is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hello,

... they will find you soon.

Ard
Let's hope none of them are creditors.

======================================
Jesus said, "Go fishing!" (Luke 5:4). He said nothing about monthly reports, budgets, cost variances, manpower planning, or orders forecasts.
Old 04-23-2013, 08:56 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

1/2: Welcome to the forum!

Old 04-23-2013, 09:02 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum 1/2
interesting screen tag you have here, love it
looking forward to hearing/seeing more from you.

casey

ARFE
Old 04-23-2013, 09:31 PM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Welcome on-board. Looking forward to some of your warm water posts!!!

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 04-23-2013, 09:48 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum. I love your screen name. You sound like you have my kind of humor. I'm sure you will enjoy your time here. Between your screen name, "back when the earth was new" and "Let's hope none of them are creditors. ", I am already enjoying your contribution.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:20 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

5/5looks like you like joking....so do I
Old 04-24-2013, 06:46 AM

nc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the roughnc_cooter is a jewel in the rough

Welcome 1/2. I too am new here and just starting over. We seem to share a similar fly fishing history.
I have always fly fished warm water and continue to do so. I wish you luck as you "climb back on the horse".

Mike Broach
Old 04-24-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
Welcome to the forum. I love your screen name. You sound like you have my kind of humor.

The screen name comes from my days of sports car racing. I usually ran in the top 5, but never got a win. I wasn't as slow as the slugs at the back, and I wasn't as fast as the winners. Consequently, my crew referred to my driving as "half fast" and always bugged me about my half-fast passes, my half-fast lap times, my half-fast starts, etc.

At least, I assume "half-fast" is what they were saying....

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:48 PM ----------

BTW, Diver Dan - I'm guessing from your screen name you're a diver. What sorts of diving? I've done a little wreck diving over the years, but mostly I do caves and reefs. My son got certified a couple of years ago and I've enjoyed having him dive with me.

======================================
Jesus said, "Go fishing!" (Luke 5:4). He said nothing about monthly reports, budgets, cost variances, manpower planning, or orders forecasts.