The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 08:48 AM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis
Default Re: New PA guy

Hey Josh, i live in Philly too. Sometimes fish Valley Creek, but the fish there are HARD to catch - never caught one, ever.

Also fished Ridley, and mostly fish the Tully at Reading usually around Papermill, where i've never seen more than 5 guys, and the odd trip to the Upper Delaware for wild browns

Welcome to the forum. If you wanna get together to fish, let me know.

Eunan

Addicted To Vise
Old 05-15-2013, 01:26 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by s fontinalis View Post

Hey Josh, i live in Philly too. Sometimes fish Valley Creek, but the fish there are HARD to catch - never caught one, ever.

Also fished Ridley, and mostly fish the Tully at Reading usually around Papermill, where i've never seen more than 5 guys, and the odd trip to the Upper Delaware for wild browns

Welcome to the forum. If you wanna get together to fish, let me know.

Eunan
Eunan,

See my previous post on this thread, you guys should get together and car pool it to the Lehigh Valley. Those streams are teaming with trout... MUCH more productive than Valley Creek! You can fish the Martins and the Bushkill in the same day easily.

Saucon Creek runs right under I78 near Hellertown as well.

Even the upper (big) Lehigh River north of the gap at Blue Mountain... I have caught many trout, BIG trout fishing just upstream of the Turnpike bridge (Parryville area, park on the north side, close to where the Pohopoco empties in by the diner, walk upstream past the Rock Hill Cement property, and cross the river to the island from there)...

OK, don't laugh... here's a "quickie" map from PowerPoint ;-)
Click the image to open in full size.

Caught a 19" brown about 4 years ago (late May) standing right about at the end of that wading path arrow, casting to the chute riffle on the south side of the island... #16 Rusty Spinner.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring

Last edited by stenacron; 05-15-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 02:46 PM

s fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant futures fontinalis has a brilliant future
Send a message via Skype™ to s fontinalis

Quote:
Originally Posted by stenacron View Post
Eunan,

See my previous post on this thread, you guys should get together and car pool it to the Lehigh Valley. Those streams are teaming with trout... MUCH more productive than Valley Creek! You can fish the Martins and the Bushkill in the same day easily.

Saucon Creek runs right under I78 near Hellertown as well.

Even the upper (big) Lehigh River north of the gap at Blue Mountain... I have caught many trout, BIG trout fishing just upstream of the Turnpike bridge (Parryville area, park on the north side, close to where the Pohopoco empties in by the diner, walk upstream past the Rock Hill Cement property, and cross the river to the island from there)...

OK, don't laugh... here's a "quickie" map from PowerPoint ;-)
Click the image to open in full size.

Caught a 19" brown about 4 years ago (late May) standing right about at the end of that wading path arrow, casting to the chute riffle on the south side of the island... #16 Rusty Spinner.

Thanks, i'll have to give it a go this year. My biggest inhibition to fishing in PA is finding the access points to new water...

Addicted To Vise
Old 06-04-2013, 09:41 AM

cwwbell is on a distinguished road

I'm new to this forum as well and thought I'd hit you up even if this is an older thread. I've been in Philly (Center City) for ten plus years and fish Valley mostly but also like warmwater and have been trying to get into saltwater fly fishing. Looking for some good fishing buddies for hitting Valley (I know that water pretty well) or day trips to less local trout streams and to the salt. Hit me up with a PM.

Chris

---------- Post added at 08:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Just another follow up on Valley... that stream is a true gem. The fishing is tough but the trout are there in great numbers and there are some bigger fish there too... the trick for me is to fish it when the water is up and a bit murky. I like it when the gauge is close to 4 feet.