The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 05:26 PM

loren_brothers will become famous soon enough
Default Howdy from the Skagit River

Hi, I live in Concrete, Washington. Major rivers here are the Skagit, Baker, and Sauk. Oodles of lakes though, if you want to fight your way around crazy folk with over-powered boats.

I am new here and actually a fly fishing newbie all the way around! I've only been fly fishing once before and it was on the Isle of Skye in Scotland. After spending $700 US I caught whopping 4" Atlantic Salmon. Now I'm known as the worst American fly fisherman in Scotland. lol.

So if I have a bunch of really, really, really dumb questions to ask please bear with me and be kind. If there is a section of the forum for dummies please point me in that direction!

I scrounged up an ancient (60's?) South Bend reel with spare spool; it's in a #1144 Finalist box but that's not what model it is. The reel is 1 1/4" x 3 5/8" with a single friction drag mechanism. The spools are 1" deep x 3/4" wide. One of the spools has line on it ...
... Had a friend donate an Eagle Claw 'Trailmaster' #M4TMF 7 1/2' four piece fiberglass rod. (age unknown) Says Line Size 7 and has a cryptic "3-H" also ...
... also a box of assorted drys and nymphs.

And that is the sum total of my knowledge.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:12 PM

Default Re: Howdy from the Skagit River

Hmmmm ... I guess I can't blame anybody for not saying hi ... probably all scared to death I'll ask them a bunch of dumb questions.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, I obviously missed your first post. First off Welcome to the Forum and the great sport of fly fishing. Spend some time browsing around the site and using the search function, but don't hesitate to ask questions we have some great people on this site with some incredible knowledge of fly fishing and will do our best to help you answer your questions.

Larry

Old 05-08-2013, 07:41 PM

thanks Larry! You will see me around asking newbie questions ...