The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By fredaevans

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2013, 07:44 AM

digital louie is on a distinguished road
Default New and Excited

My name is Shawn and I've spent a lot of money on fishing equipment and have started my first class on fly fishing. I'm super excited to get on the river and catch the first of what I hope will be many fish giving me hours of pleasure and stories aplenty. I'm close to retirement from a career in Law Enforcement and my wife travels a bit for her work. I know what to do when she's gone traveling and now I'm looking for something to do when she's home! This could be that marriage enhancing tool that everyone talks about.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:48 AM

nickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the roughnickj is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New and Excited

Welcome. What part of the country/world are you from?
Old 05-08-2013, 07:49 AM

digital louie is on a distinguished road

Utah in the USA
Old 05-08-2013, 07:54 AM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Welcome to this great site & to the sport! There's a lot of friendly & knowledgeable folks here, so if you have questions, I'm sure someone here can help you out!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 05-08-2013, 07:59 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Shawn: Welcome to the forum! First off I'd like to say thanks for your service in Law Enforcement, my hat is off to you guys for the service you do for the rest of us on a daily basis. Living in Utah will give you lots of great opportunities to fly fish. Spend some time browsing the forum, using the search function (as the advanced search), you will find a ton of useful information. You made a wise decision on taking a lesson. You will also find some really good information on YouTube on fly fishing. Good luck and don't hesitate to ask questions, we have some really great people on this forum that are more than willing to offer assistance.

Larry
fredaevans and shotgunfly like this.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Shawn...I'm not new but...still very excitedso don't worryFell free to ask for infos...lots of helpful people here
Old 05-08-2013, 12:08 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the Group! But if I might make a small suggestion? Go back into your user CP and plug in the area you live. Frequently a question is best answered if we know the location where you fish.

Fred
mcnerney likes this.