The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 11:23 PM

sax is on a distinguished road
Default Sayin' Hey from Texas

Was looking for some bass fly info and ran across the forum. Wow! A lot of info for a relative newbie to sort through. Been rampin' up for about 3 years and have the basic gear and skills. I'm lucky, because my daughter and SIL live in NC, and he is a skilled and avid fly fisherman. He takes me to some of the most awesome trout spots in NC, VA, or TN. And, one of my best friends has a boat on Lake Fork in east Texas...bass heaven.

So, I'll be readin' and learning more than posting, but I reserve the right to ask stupid questions from time-to-time
Old 05-15-2013, 11:37 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Sayin' Hey from Texas

Hey Sax,

You can ask all the questions you want here, they are the life blood of this forum. Were it not for answering questions we would have a pretty silent group. What we don't have are 'know it all types who would condescend to another person', we've been blessed with a wide spread group of fly fishers who go after everything from Blue Gill to Giant Florida Tarpon and everything between. They share their fishing stories and do their best to help others to both understand the game & get the most out of their time on the water.

Welcome to the forum, you've picked the right spot.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-15-2013, 11:42 PM

MoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond reputeMoscaPescador has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to reading your posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sax View Post
...but I reserve the right to ask stupid questions from time-to-time
You've probably heard this. I think that someone famous said it. It's much better to ask a stupid question rather than to make a stupid mistake.

Ask away.

Dennis
jpbfly likes this.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:59 PM

Thanks, Ard. I fully understand about questions being the life blood of forums. I've on motorcycle forums for over a decade, I'll still answer "what's the best oil" questions (LOL).

Thanks for the welcome. Now if I can just get the picture I've uploaded to show up. I'll figure it out eventually

---------- Post added at 11:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

Quote:
You've probably heard this. I think that someone famous said it. It's much better to ask a stupid question rather than to make a stupid mistake.
You got that right, Dennis. I've made my share of stupid mistakes already...cuz I didn't ask the stupid question. Huh?
Old 05-16-2013, 12:00 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Pictures = Photo Bucket

Copy the url ........ then put your cursor where you want the photo and right click / paste

And viola', picture is here........ Always use go advanced so you can preview before you hit the post button.

I was active on the KLR 650 . com forum for years and changed a lot of oil buddy

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-16-2013, 12:17 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Sax...looking forward to seeing some of your fishing pics
Old 05-16-2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Pictures = Photo Bucket

Copy the url ........ then put your cursor where you want the photo and right click / paste

And viola', picture is here........ Always use go advanced so you can preview before you hit the post button.

I was active on the KLR 650 . com forum for years and changed a lot of oil buddy
Thanks for the tip. I haven't used photobucket in a long time, but my wife does. Time to beg

I'm still riding an '03 Gold Wing. Probably will be the last in a long list of bikes. Been ridin since '69, but fishin is easier on my bones now days.

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
Sax...looking forward to seeing some of your fishing pics
Thanks jpbfly. My Posting Rules says I can NOT post attachments. Does that include pics? If YES, Is there a minimum number of post or a membership fee to post pics? if NO...never mind
Old 05-16-2013, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

You can post pics...
How do I use albums?

As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.

Each album can have a title ('Joe's Holiday to Nepal'), a description ('A bunch of photos from my recent adventure') and can be of three different types: Public, Private or Profile.

Public albums can be viewed by anyone
Private albums can only be viewed by site staff (moderators, administrators) and your Friends and Contacts (info)
Profile albums are viewable only by you. However, you can use the images to customize your public profile (info)
How do I upload pictures?

Once you've created an album you can upload images to it. Simply view the album and click on 'Upload Pictures'.

You'll have the option to give each picture a caption, and to set one image as the Album cover, which will be displayed on the public profile. To delete an album or edit the title, description or album type, click on 'Edit Album'. To delete an image, or to edit a caption or change the album cover, click on 'Edit Pictures'.

All members who have access to your album images can comment on them, in a similar way to Visitor Messages (more info). You can delete any image comments from your albums, and report inappropriate messages to moderators.

When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.
Old 05-16-2013, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
You can post pics...
How do I use albums?

As a member, you can create Albums of images that are linked to your public profile. Albums can be created by visiting the User Control Panel, and clicking on the 'Pictures & Albums' link, and then clicking on 'Add Album'.

When you have uploaded a picture, you can place it in your posts by using the BB code text that is displayed below the image when you view it at full size.
Wow, thanks for the detailed answer, sir. Today my main computer got a "headache. " So I'm doing everything on my iPad for now. Maybe I can get my son to look at it this weekend. It's nice to have kids smarter than you are

Thanks again!!
Old 05-16-2013, 11:18 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum sax!!

casey

ARFE