The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Just a little howdy (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/320064-just-little-howdy.html)

sgtgunner 05-21-2013 10:08 PM

Just a little howdy

I didn't see any "Intro" area, but wanted to say hi to yall.

I fished a bit with my Dad growing up in Oregon, but when we moved to Texas when I was 12 the fishing pretty much stopped. A little here and there but nothing serious. 21 years later I got divorced and started fishing a lot. Almost exclusively for bass with spinning gear.

After talking with my Dad a few weeks ago about an interest in fly fishing he dug his old fly rod out and gave it to me. It's at least a 22 year old Abu Garcia 6 wt combo. I've been trying to teach myself to fish it but looking to get some pro help soon as I can. I've been having a lot of fun with it so far despite not getting my first catch on a fly yet. Almost been neglecting my spinning gear.

Welp, that's it. Just wanted to give a little into and say hi.

rockriver 05-21-2013 10:20 PM

Re: Just a little howdy

Welcome to a great site from Michigan's U.P.

Liphookedau 05-22-2013 02:43 AM

Hi Sgt.
From Australia a Big Welcome.
Brian.

Eddie O'Neill 05-22-2013 07:06 AM

Welcome to the forum, you'll find all the help you need here:)

fredaevans 05-22-2013 07:24 AM

Add my welcome and a 'Where are you located?' Most helpful if you post up a question and we have a location to go along with same. (User CP is where you plop in the info.)

fred

mcnerney 05-22-2013 09:53 AM

Welcome to the forum! Take some time a browse around and use the search function (also not it has an advanced search feature), but don't hesitate to ask questions we will try to help you out. Also take a look at YouTube, there are hundreds of fly fishing videos and a good number that offer instruction on casting and fly fishing.

jpbfly 05-22-2013 10:03 AM

:welcomean.from the other side of the pond;)

yonder 05-22-2013 11:57 AM

Welcome from North Carolina...:)

Hardyreels 05-22-2013 11:58 AM

Hi Sgt,

You may notice I moved your post to member intros, it's hidden in the Back at The lodge sub forums. Anyway, you're here and you can post away now. I'm guessing you're still in Texas, is that correct?

Welcome to the forum,

Ard

riverbilly 05-22-2013 04:16 PM

Howdy back at ya'.
That first fish will come soon.

What part of the state do you live?