The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 10:08 PM

sgtgunner is on a distinguished road
Default Just a little howdy

I didn't see any "Intro" area, but wanted to say hi to yall.

I fished a bit with my Dad growing up in Oregon, but when we moved to Texas when I was 12 the fishing pretty much stopped. A little here and there but nothing serious. 21 years later I got divorced and started fishing a lot. Almost exclusively for bass with spinning gear.

After talking with my Dad a few weeks ago about an interest in fly fishing he dug his old fly rod out and gave it to me. It's at least a 22 year old Abu Garcia 6 wt combo. I've been trying to teach myself to fish it but looking to get some pro help soon as I can. I've been having a lot of fun with it so far despite not getting my first catch on a fly yet. Almost been neglecting my spinning gear.

Welp, that's it. Just wanted to give a little into and say hi.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:20 PM

rockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to allrockriver is a name known to all
Default Re: Just a little howdy

Welcome to a great site from Michigan's U.P.
Old 05-22-2013, 02:43 AM

Liphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud ofLiphookedau has much to be proud of

Hi Sgt.
From Australia a Big Welcome.
Brian.
Old 05-22-2013, 07:06 AM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum, you'll find all the help you need here
Old 05-22-2013, 07:24 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Add my welcome and a 'Where are you located?' Most helpful if you post up a question and we have a location to go along with same. (User CP is where you plop in the info.)

fred
Old 05-22-2013, 09:53 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum! Take some time a browse around and use the search function (also not it has an advanced search feature), but don't hesitate to ask questions we will try to help you out. Also take a look at YouTube, there are hundreds of fly fishing videos and a good number that offer instruction on casting and fly fishing.

Old 05-22-2013, 10:03 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

.from the other side of the pond
Old 05-22-2013, 11:57 AM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Welcome from North Carolina...

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 05-22-2013, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Sgt,

You may notice I moved your post to member intros, it's hidden in the Back at The lodge sub forums. Anyway, you're here and you can post away now. I'm guessing you're still in Texas, is that correct?

Welcome to the forum,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-22-2013, 04:16 PM

riverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really nice

Howdy back at ya'.
That first fish will come soon.

What part of the state do you live?