The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Apperently I missed a tradition here (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/32072-apperently-i-missed-tradition-here.html)

mudbug 07-28-2010 12:33 AM

Apperently I missed a tradition here

I've actually been posting a few weeks but I never did the introduction thing.

Name is Eric, I've fish all my life but avoided Flyfishing because I felt I just couldn't afford another expensive hobby.

Still, something talked me into buying a rod and reel a couple of years ago (WW Grigg 5/6 wt, and an Okuma reel) which I stuck in a closet and never took out because every time I went fishing I was short on time and I didn't want to spending it trying to learn to flyfish.

Early last month I had a 5 day trip to the White Mountains in eastern AZ and I decided that it was time to learn to flyfish but before that I wanted some practice so I bought a 7'6" TFO 3 wt so I could practice by fishing for bluegills in our urban ponds, and then after some research I bought an 8'6" Redington CT 4wt for some of the smaller lakes in the whites. (See why I needed to avoid this hobby?) ahd then I spent 5 days fishing every creek, lake, river I had time to and now I'm hooked.

I've taken a couple casting classes and lately my obsession is small creek fishing.

fyshstykr 07-28-2010 01:04 AM

Re: Apperently I missed a tradition here

Welcome Bug. :)

Hardyreels 07-28-2010 01:35 AM

Been seeing your posts Eric but now that you've made it official, Hi.

Ard

Pocono 07-28-2010 04:47 AM

Welcome Eric.

Your obsession is a good one! Your 7'6" 3 wt. should serve you well on the smaller creeks.

Pocono

HuronRiverDan 07-28-2010 08:27 AM

Welcome to the Forum Eric...

Dan

cattech89 07-28-2010 10:12 AM

Welcome Eric, glad to see Im not the only one that cant stop himself when a new hobby is picked up. :D
Im also that way with tools. But, I just tell the wife, "I need it for work hon." ;)
Havent quite figured out how to tie my fishing obsession in w/mechanic work though. Someday........

mcnerney 07-28-2010 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cattech89 (Post 116319)
Welcome Eric, glad to see Im not the only one that cant stop himself when a new hobby is picked up. :D
Im also that way with tools. But, I just tell the wife, "I need it for work hon." ;)
Havent quite figured out how to tie my fishing obsession in w/mechanic work though. Someday........

Seth: That was funny, but I think we all have the addiction, just can't get enough fishing in or fishing equipment! LOL!

Eric: Welcome to the forum! Be sure to post your trip reports we all like to hear about each other's fishing trips, photos are a bonus. I'd love to see what those small streams in the White Mtns look like.

Larry

jpbfly 07-28-2010 11:02 AM

:welcome:Eric...from across the pond.