The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2010, 12:33 AM

mudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to beholdmudbug is a splendid one to behold
Default Apperently I missed a tradition here

I've actually been posting a few weeks but I never did the introduction thing.

Name is Eric, I've fish all my life but avoided Flyfishing because I felt I just couldn't afford another expensive hobby.

Still, something talked me into buying a rod and reel a couple of years ago (WW Grigg 5/6 wt, and an Okuma reel) which I stuck in a closet and never took out because every time I went fishing I was short on time and I didn't want to spending it trying to learn to flyfish.

Early last month I had a 5 day trip to the White Mountains in eastern AZ and I decided that it was time to learn to flyfish but before that I wanted some practice so I bought a 7'6" TFO 3 wt so I could practice by fishing for bluegills in our urban ponds, and then after some research I bought an 8'6" Redington CT 4wt for some of the smaller lakes in the whites. (See why I needed to avoid this hobby?) ahd then I spent 5 days fishing every creek, lake, river I had time to and now I'm hooked.

I've taken a couple casting classes and lately my obsession is small creek fishing.
Old 07-28-2010, 01:04 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Apperently I missed a tradition here

Welcome Bug.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 07-28-2010, 01:35 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Been seeing your posts Eric but now that you've made it official, Hi.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-28-2010, 04:47 AM

Pocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond reputePocono has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Eric.

Your obsession is a good one! Your 7'6" 3 wt. should serve you well on the smaller creeks.

Pocono
Old 07-28-2010, 08:27 AM

HuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant futureHuronRiverDan has a brilliant future
Send a message via Yahoo to HuronRiverDan

Welcome to the Forum Eric...

Dan
Old 07-28-2010, 10:12 AM

cattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to allcattech89 is a name known to all

Welcome Eric, glad to see Im not the only one that cant stop himself when a new hobby is picked up.
Im also that way with tools. But, I just tell the wife, "I need it for work hon."
Havent quite figured out how to tie my fishing obsession in w/mechanic work though. Someday........

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
----------------------------------------
Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...
Old 07-28-2010, 10:56 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cattech89 View Post
Welcome Eric, glad to see Im not the only one that cant stop himself when a new hobby is picked up.
Im also that way with tools. But, I just tell the wife, "I need it for work hon."
Havent quite figured out how to tie my fishing obsession in w/mechanic work though. Someday........
Seth: That was funny, but I think we all have the addiction, just can't get enough fishing in or fishing equipment! LOL!

Eric: Welcome to the forum! Be sure to post your trip reports we all like to hear about each other's fishing trips, photos are a bonus. I'd love to see what those small streams in the White Mtns look like.

Larry
Old 07-28-2010, 11:02 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Eric...from across the pond.