02-02-2008, 06:11 PM
Re: New member ?
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton
I guess I better give you an answer.
The problem with a chat room as I see it is as follows:
1. Your software has to support it.
2. Very few people participate.
3. You have to have some one moderate.
4. You have to schedule specific times for people to chat.
5. Subjects that may be important are not viewed by the general membership.
My comments are based on pass experience with chat rooms. Lets see if there is any interest other than yourself. Does anyone reading this post think a chat room is a good idea?
Two alternatives to a chat room are:
1. NAFFF has the PM program that allows personal messages.
2. There are several AIM programs available that individuals can use to communicate with on a one on one basis.
Hi Frank, and thanks for the answers.
I just thought it would be handy, tried to have a conversation with Zoso last night via the P.M, and that is a lot of work to keep going back and forth.
I think the program would handle it, I'm on a couple other sights(Not fishing sights) that use the same format as this forum and they have chatrooms and chatboxes.
And yes people may be shy as far as using it at first but I think it would catch on.
Frank, you mentioned that you have to schedule specific times for people to chat, I'm not sure I understand what your saying here, the other sights don't have this issue, as it's always available. something I missed?
Anyway folks, is there any interest in such a thing?
"I've never missed a Steelhead by waiting too long. It's true, but I've missed plenty trying to set the hook too quickly." Dec Hogan 'A Passion For Steelhead'