The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By theflysthelimit
  • 2 Post By fredaevans
  • 1 Post By mcnerney

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2013, 03:22 PM

theflysthelimit is on a distinguished road
Default Greetings from East Central Florida

Hi,

I'm excited to have joined this forum and look forward to learning from you all and sharing my experiences.

I have been Fly Fishing 10 years, having learned in Colorado then was introduced to Saltwater Fly Fishing when I moved to the Cocoa beach area of Florida in 2010. The diversity and location opportunities around here are amazing - flats everywhere, shallow lagoon systems, lakes packed with largemouth, inlets with everything from reds to snook to even triple tail. You name it we have it.... the only limitation is time.

I just got back from a week in the keys - got blown out with 20+ mph winds, torrential rain and no chance of sight fishing. Saw poons under bridges (Islamorada), but could only light spin fish. But in 10 days between the keys and here we landed over 18 different species of fish. Now that's diversity!

I look forward to chatting with you all.
mcnerney, Rip Tide and yonder like this.

Steve

http://www.theflysthelimit.com/
Old 06-06-2013, 04:37 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Greetings from East Central Florida

Steve: Welcome to the forum, looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures. Please remove the business icon from your signature block, that is reserved for our business members, the URL is fine. Thanks!

Old 06-06-2013, 09:32 PM

Hi Larry,

Thank you - no problem, I was not aware of that rule. What does it take to become a business member?

Tight Lines,

Steve

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Hi Larry,

No need to reply - I found the info on the various business memberships and will consider that after I have been on the forum for a while.

There's a host of info on these forums and some very knowledgeable folks posting - this is going to be fun!

Steve

Old 06-06-2013, 10:50 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

"I just got back from a week in the keys - got blown out with 20+ mph winds, torrential rain and no chance of sight fishing. Saw poons under bridges (Islamorada), but could only light spin fish. But in 10 days between the keys and here we landed over 18 different species of fish. Now that's diversity!

I look forward to chatting with you all."

60+ years with a fly rod in my hand and have yet to fish 'warm waters.'

PICTURES, WE NEED PICTURES!!

Watching a 'fishing show' on TV a few days back and fellow was using a 14 weight rod (I didn't even know they came that heavy). He needed it

Fishing by some bridge structure and what he hooked was BIG, like really, really BIG.

And before I forget,

fae
mcnerney and yonder like this.
Old 06-19-2013, 04:16 PM

Thanks Fae - you need to get to warm waters - there's nothing like Reds, Bones and Poons on fly!!

I'm trying to figure out how to post a pic..... hold on.....

Click the image to open in full size.

lets see if that works...

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Well I have searched and searched but cannot find an option to upload a pic other than a using a URL, but I did read the FAQs and still cant find it - any clues?

Steve

Old 06-22-2013, 10:34 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflysthelimit View Post
Thanks Fae - you need to get to warm waters - there's nothing like Reds, Bones and Poons on fly!!

I'm trying to figure out how to post a pic..... hold on.....

Click the image to open in full size.

lets see if that works...

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 PM ----------

Well I have searched and searched but cannot find an option to upload a pic other than a using a URL, but I did read the FAQs and still cant find it - any clues?
Steve: First off realize that the forum doesn't allow a person to upload a photo directly from their computer to a post on the forum due to virus issues. There are a couple different approaches, one would be to use a third party site like Photobucket, upload your photo there, then link that to a post using the little yellow rectangular icon located above where you type in a post. The other approach is to create a photo gallery/album on the forum, then upload your photo there, then link it again using the little yellow icon.
Here is a thread explaining more detail:
A Few Tips For Posting Pictures To The Forums;
fredaevans likes this.