The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Just another new guy.. ho hum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/322511-just-another-new-guy-ho-hum.html)

brian shaffer 06-17-2013 06:30 PM

Just another new guy.. ho hum

Hello all.

I like to chase trouts with fur and feathers with old fiberglass rods and click pawl reels. Mainly I fish beetles and ants.. but when fall comes around I am sure to be chuckin' my favorite Muddler Minnow.

Looks fun in here.. now to do some more reading :wavetowel

Rip Tide 06-17-2013 06:56 PM

Re: Just another new guy.. ho hum

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian shaffer (Post 564974)
Hello all.

I like to chase trouts with fur and feathers with old fiberglass rods and click pawl reels. Mainly I fish beetles and ants.. but when fall comes around I am sure to be chuckin' my favorite Muddler Minnow.

Looks fun in here.. now to do some more reading :wavetowel

I kinda know how you feel. Bought 4 (more) old glass rods today :rolleyes:
Welcome to the site

jaybo41 06-17-2013 08:16 PM

Welcome to the forum Brian, great to have you aboard:thumbsup:

brian shaffer 06-18-2013 05:31 AM

Thanks guys.. a nice welcome.

RipTide - what kinda glass are you into ? 4 in one day, hmm.
Are you an aficionado of the twisted rope ?

mcnerney 06-18-2013 05:45 AM

Brian: Welcome to the forum! I love ants and beetles also. Not sure why I didn't try a big ant pattern yesterday while I was fishing down on the Green River, I was eating lunch when a big ant came crawling across the dead log I was on. I guess I got engrossed in looking at the Cicada that landed on my sleeve and forgot about the ant. You would have fit in great on that float Chase, Rob and I did over on the Bighorn. Chase and Rob are also into casting glass.

jpbfly 06-18-2013 05:52 AM

:welcome: Brian...haven't got any glass rods anymore:rolleyes:...should ask Rip to offer me...one:D

Rip Tide 06-19-2013 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brian shaffer (Post 565074)
RipTide - what kinda glass are you into ? 4 in one day, hmm.

I like to pretend that I collect Phillipsons but those are usually priced over my normal $25 per rod limit ;)
The rods that I bought the other day were 3 Fenwicks and a Cortland FR2000.
I'll most likely tune up the Fenwicks for resale and keep the Cortland for myself.
The Fenwicks have a well known reputation and resale value. The Cortland is just a good rod. :D