The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Newly addicted!!! (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/322976-newly-addicted.html)

superbike1 06-22-2013 05:57 PM

Newly addicted!!!

Hello all. New here to the site. I didn't see anywhere to introduce yourself if you just joined. If I made a mistake, Admin, please post it where it may go. As the title states, I am newly addicted to fly fishing. Got a little cheap combo for fathers day and have really decided that this is the way I want to fish most of the time. I have learned a lot from you tube about casting and can do a pretty good job with what I have. I found a couple of local shops that sell some quality gear and am planning on upgrading soon, whether it is from the classifieds here or from ebay. Just happy that I found somewhere to read and learn more about it. Anyway, thanks for the great site!:D

russellb 06-22-2013 08:17 PM

Re: Newly addicted!!!

Welcome to the madness! And, welcome to the forum, there's loads of great info here and plenty of fellow addicts. Where are you from and what are you chasing? Remember, throughout your journey, never take anything too seriously.

yonder 06-22-2013 08:33 PM

Welcome to the forum.......scroll down the forum and you will see where to formally introduce yourself to our great forum.......and also.......happy father's day!!!!:) I will also add, that it is not the price of the equipment that matters.......but the enjoyment it brings!!!:)

jaybo41 06-22-2013 09:00 PM

Welcome to the forum! You've found the right place to learn. We've got not shortage of knowledgable members here who are willing to help, so don't be afraid to ask.

von behr 06-22-2013 09:05 PM

Welcome to the forum and the addiction. Keep us posted on your progress and fishing exploits. There are a lot of good people on this forum, and they really take the time to share their experiences.

-VB :)

kevin2 06-22-2013 11:04 PM

Welcome!

Where are you from?

Be sure to post photos & a story of your first fish...

random user 06-22-2013 11:14 PM

Welcome, and my condolences on being newly addicted - it only gets worse and if you let it, it will keep you up all night solving puzzles in your head or wondering if a different approach or cast would have gotten you the fish, and which fly rod to get next, and what to tie next, and which line next, and hours of scouring the interwebz for the perfect knot and lots of lost time looking a websites just to see images of things you never new you wanted /needed (whodahthunk so many men have a thing for fur and feathers?), and ... and, .... and, ...

enolaeagle 06-23-2013 12:04 AM

Wait until you catch a fish on a fly that you tied yourself... Then it will be all over.:eek:

Welcome!

jpbfly 06-23-2013 12:38 AM

:welcome:superbike....motorcycling fan too?....:rolleyes:that's very serious doc:eek::D
Moved your post to the right place;)

superbike1 06-23-2013 03:13 PM

Well, I guess I didn't look for the new guy intro section hard enough. LoL! I live in eastern NC and love to fish and hunt but this fly fishing is addictive. I have a lot more time to fish since I retired from the USMC last year. I am a full time college student now and not really looking forward to getting a job when I graduate! LoL! Any way, the name superbike1 came from one of my previous hobbies of riding too fast for good sense to prevail. I now ride a slower Harley Davidson that is a little safer.(Depends on the drivers around you) I went fishing today and used a fly that I tied myself. Don't know what it would be called but it was just brown dubbing wrapped around the hook with yellow thread and kinda looked like a fat brown maggot. It works to say the least. I caught 18 fish :eek: and missed many more. I would have stayed till dark but my son was done fishing. He caught 3 and was kinda disappointed. Anyway. Thanks for all the welcomes and I am so excited about fly fishing.