The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree11Likes
  • 6 Post By superbike1
  • 3 Post By russellb
  • 1 Post By yonder
  • 1 Post By random user

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2013, 05:57 PM

superbike1 is on a distinguished road
Default Newly addicted!!!

Hello all. New here to the site. I didn't see anywhere to introduce yourself if you just joined. If I made a mistake, Admin, please post it where it may go. As the title states, I am newly addicted to fly fishing. Got a little cheap combo for fathers day and have really decided that this is the way I want to fish most of the time. I have learned a lot from you tube about casting and can do a pretty good job with what I have. I found a couple of local shops that sell some quality gear and am planning on upgrading soon, whether it is from the classifieds here or from ebay. Just happy that I found somewhere to read and learn more about it. Anyway, thanks for the great site!
Old 06-22-2013, 08:17 PM

russellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to allrussellb is a name known to all
Default Re: Newly addicted!!!

Welcome to the madness! And, welcome to the forum, there's loads of great info here and plenty of fellow addicts. Where are you from and what are you chasing? Remember, throughout your journey, never take anything too seriously.
jaybo41, double d and yonder like this.
Old 06-22-2013, 08:33 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the forum.......scroll down the forum and you will see where to formally introduce yourself to our great forum.......and also.......happy father's day!!!! I will also add, that it is not the price of the equipment that matters.......but the enjoyment it brings!!!
jaybo41 likes this.

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 06-22-2013, 09:00 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum! You've found the right place to learn. We've got not shortage of knowledgable members here who are willing to help, so don't be afraid to ask.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:05 PM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

Welcome to the forum and the addiction. Keep us posted on your progress and fishing exploits. There are a lot of good people on this forum, and they really take the time to share their experiences.

-VB
Old 06-22-2013, 11:04 PM

kevin2 is on a distinguished road

Welcome!

Where are you from?

Be sure to post photos & a story of your first fish...
Old 06-22-2013, 11:14 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

Welcome, and my condolences on being newly addicted - it only gets worse and if you let it, it will keep you up all night solving puzzles in your head or wondering if a different approach or cast would have gotten you the fish, and which fly rod to get next, and what to tie next, and which line next, and hours of scouring the interwebz for the perfect knot and lots of lost time looking a websites just to see images of things you never new you wanted /needed (whodahthunk so many men have a thing for fur and feathers?), and ... and, .... and, ...
kicker19 likes this.
Old 06-23-2013, 12:04 AM

enolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of lightenolaeagle is a glorious beacon of light

Wait until you catch a fish on a fly that you tied yourself... Then it will be all over.

Welcome!

Chief Thread Starter
Mother Approved...
Old 06-23-2013, 12:38 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

superbike....motorcycling fan too?....that's very serious doc
Moved your post to the right place
Old 06-23-2013, 03:13 PM

superbike1 is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: Newly addicted!!!

Well, I guess I didn't look for the new guy intro section hard enough. LoL! I live in eastern NC and love to fish and hunt but this fly fishing is addictive. I have a lot more time to fish since I retired from the USMC last year. I am a full time college student now and not really looking forward to getting a job when I graduate! LoL! Any way, the name superbike1 came from one of my previous hobbies of riding too fast for good sense to prevail. I now ride a slower Harley Davidson that is a little safer.(Depends on the drivers around you) I went fishing today and used a fly that I tied myself. Don't know what it would be called but it was just brown dubbing wrapped around the hook with yellow thread and kinda looked like a fat brown maggot. It works to say the least. I caught 18 fish and missed many more. I would have stayed till dark but my son was done fishing. He caught 3 and was kinda disappointed. Anyway. Thanks for all the welcomes and I am so excited about fly fishing.