The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By drgreen
  • 1 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By Hardyreels

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 12:42 PM

drgreen is on a distinguished road
Default New in Michigan

Hi, I have been a member for about 3 months but just submitted my first post so I thought I would introduce myself. I have been Fly Fishing for many years and have pretty much given up spin fishing. I also have been building fly rods for a few years and just am finishing up my man cave so I plan to start tying this coming winter. I don't fish as much as I would like with one kid playing Soccer and the other Fencing, but when I can I will make a trek to a local river about a half hour away. My favorite place to fish is the Upper Manistee between Kalkaska and Grayling. My goal now that the kids are getting older is to make it up to the Western U.P. but it is about a 9 hour drive from where I live.
mcnerney, jaybo41 and williamhj like this.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:23 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: New in Michigan

Welcome to our fine forum..........

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 06-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Drgreen: Welcome to the forum! I totally understand how a family can eat into your free time so getting out and wetting a line can be tough, but enjoy those children they will be all grown up and gone before you know it.
yonder likes this.

Old 06-30-2013, 02:53 PM

jaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond reputejaybo41 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum, great to have you posting with us.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:58 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hello,

Of all the places I have been, of all those that I wanted to go and never made it there are a few that persist in the mind in the latter group. The Fox- Two Hearted and Tahquamenon Rivers are those that may well remain a mystery to me. If I were but 9 hours away I would go. You better go fish the haunts of Hemingway so that you don't end up like myself.

Welcome to the forum,

Ard
yonder likes this.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-30-2013, 03:37 PM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hello,

Of all the places I have been, of all those that I wanted to go and never made it there are a few that persist in the mind in the latter group. The Fox- Two Hearted and Tahquamenon Rivers are those that may well remain a mystery to me. If I were but 9 hours away I would go. You better go fish the haunts of Hemingway so that you don't end up like myself.

Welcome to the forum,

Ard
Absolutely.........now is the time.......what you experience today, can be passed on to your children and grandchildren.........this tends to turn a momentary experience into a generational experience.....get my drift???

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton