The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Greeting from a Texas Newbie (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/3240-greeting-texas-newbie.html)

lefty76 02-03-2008 02:06 PM

Greeting from a Texas Newbie

Hello ya'll...
I'm new here and thought I'd introduce myself. I flyfished 10 or 12 years ago, but have been out of the game since then. I am relocating to Dallas from Houston and since duckhunting season is over, I thought I would take on another hobby... So here I am. I'll mainly be fishing for bass around Dallas and redfish on the coast. I'm looking forward to joining the ranks and learning about the sport. I'll conduct plenty of searches before I bug ya'll with too many questions. Thanks
Chris

Frank Whiton 02-03-2008 02:41 PM

Re: Greeting from a Texas Newbie

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forum. You have some very good water around Dallas and up to Texoma. I lived in Lewisville at one time.

Don't be bashful about asking questions. That is what the forum is all about.

Frank

fyshstykr 02-03-2008 11:07 PM

Hello Chris,
Glad you joined us here, and like Frank said 'don't be bashful', jump right in the water is fine.:)

BigCliff 02-04-2008 08:13 AM

Welcome to the group. I think its fair to say that the Dallas area is a bit better for fly fishing than the Houston area.

Studakas 02-06-2008 01:38 PM

Welcome. I am in Tyler about 90 miles East of Dallas, but lived there for about 37 years befroe coming back home to Tyler. I have not fished but once since taking the fly fishing course but do plan on starting again soon. I fish Tyler State park and the Neches River.

I like to tease the brim at tyler State Park with my fly fishing.
Studakas

lefty76 02-06-2008 03:42 PM

Tylers not too far from where I'm going to be, we're moving to Royse City, about 45 minuted east of Dallas. Tyler is a nice area, I graduated from SFA, and drove through there all the time heading to school.

BigCliff 02-06-2008 04:05 PM

Royse City gives you a great headstart on going to fish the LMFR, much shorter trip from where I am.

lefty76 02-06-2008 05:54 PM

whats the big deal about lmfr? I read some threads about it, but I'm not sure what it is really...

BigCliff 02-06-2008 11:08 PM

Its a tailwater trout fishery that's roughly as good as the Guadalupe. Just look around on this Three Rivers Fly Shop - Broken Bow, Oklahoma

lefty76 02-08-2008 10:57 AM

WOW!!!..Thanks