The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hooknhorn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2013, 07:38 PM

hooknhorn is on a distinguished road
Default Happy 4th from Michigan

I was introduced to stream fishing 20 years ago by a good friend, it took me 10 years to pickup the fly rod, afraid,intimidated I don't know. I was bored in the winter, the ice was not in good shape to do that, seen an ad from the local tu chapter that they would be holding a flyfishing class starting on the last thursday of the month of January, they would meet for the next five,perfect. Fell hard,bought 30 acres in northwest lower Michigan in what is considered the century circle to fish and hunt. Was within a mile of the Little Manistee, have fished the PM,Big Manistee,Upper Manistee and the Pine a lot and consider them all my home waters. I still have a lot to learn but I feel I can get my way around, I love it,best therapy out there, Period!!!! Love Browns, Steelhead would be 1A...... Other then dries, ripp'n streamers is my favorite way to catch'em.
mcnerney likes this.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:14 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Happy 4th from Michigan

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, by the sounds of it you're right in the thick of good fishing there.

I'm a bit of a streamer fisherman myself and will look forward to seeing your posts as time goes on.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-06-2013, 03:40 AM

yonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the roughyonder is a jewel in the rough

Welcome to the forum.....I hope you can posts some pics of some fish on those rivers!!

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton
Old 07-06-2013, 08:28 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, by the sounds of it you're right in the thick of good fishing there.

I'm a bit of a streamer fisherman myself and will look forward to seeing your posts as time goes on.

Ard
+1 with Ard here. Sounds like you're living in the middle of Paradise. But purchase stock in a company that makes 'Deet.'
Old 07-13-2013, 09:32 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to reading your about your fishing adventures there in Michigan.