The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2013, 08:36 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello all, this is my first post.

Great photo's of the FuzzBall. Many years back my Yellow Lab also had his own 'back pack.' A 'You going to come, you carry your own food.' Been at least 20+ years since I was on your waters, would love to see more pictures.

Fred
Old 07-16-2013, 09:50 PM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about

Not to hijack this nice fella's intro post, but since he has similar interests... Thanks for the compliment, Fred!

Great view of the valley behind
Click the image to open in full size.

Pretty little 'bows on the 279 LL (pics of this in the Rod Love)

Cowdog likes the rainbows

Last edited by thewalker1013; 07-17-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Old 07-16-2013, 10:16 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent extra photos. Remember being on the beach and cleaning/pan frying Steelhead stakes over a fire. A plate for me, a plate for the Dog. Baked Spud done in tin-foil on the coals, with a wad of butter and Onion.

Bliss!

Making sure all the bones were out for the Dog was a pain in the butt.
thewalker1013 likes this.
Old 07-17-2013, 01:10 AM

heelerdog is on a distinguished road

Thank you for the warm welcome. Bear, my red heeler, got cancer last year so I sent him home to wait for me. I miss him every day, he was an awesome companion. I will dig for photo's I unfortunately do not have any on this computer, recent crash victim.

This is my "Marine Corps" rod. An 8' 9" 3 wt. MHX blank.

Self explanatory pictures
Click the image to open in full size.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 01:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Hopefully the videos work. This is my favorite fishing moment, and I was not there. I was fishing further down the creek, while my wife and daughter slept. I did hear the screaming though. This is her first 100% solo fish on the fly. Didn't really seem to faze her though.

MVI_0666.mp4 Video by heelerdog | Photobucket

MVI_0667.mp4 Video by heelerdog | Photobucket

I built her rod, I call it the "Pink Nightmare". Secretly I really like it, regardless of the pink blank, and alternating lime green, purple, and hot pink wraps, it fishes really nice.
kayo likes this.

Last edited by heelerdog; 07-17-2013 at 01:02 AM. Reason: Remove video posting
Old 07-17-2013, 01:46 AM

thewalker1013 has a spectacular aura aboutthewalker1013 has a spectacular aura about

Very nice! That's neat to have that on video. I can't wait to have kids and take them fishing
Old 07-17-2013, 07:49 AM

Forgot to mention, VERY cool rod btw
Old 07-17-2013, 08:45 AM

kayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to allkayo is a name known to all

Sweet looking rod Dan. Welcome to the forum. I'm building a Loop currently and trying to decide if to use CP on the threads. Did you use CP on yours?
Old 07-18-2013, 12:43 AM

heelerdog is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the compliments. kayo I do use CP on the wraps for a couple reasons 1: it keeps the color of the thread instead of the color of the blank taking over and washing the thread color out (possibly) 2. I put on 2 coats of CP to "push" any air pockets or air bubbles out of the thread. It makes for an all around cleaner finish when you apply the finish to the wraps, and lowers any potential air problems coming up while applying the finish.
fredaevans likes this.