The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Flailing the water’s surface and hello (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/325558-flailing-water-s-surface-hello.html)

motorshooter 07-19-2013 12:02 PM

Flailing the water’s surface and hello

Morning all,

Thank you for allowing me aboard. I am a writer and photographer by choice and a pretty fair fly fisherman by the grace of God. I began flailing the water’s surface when I was eight. My father made the time and possessed the composure to teach me the finer points of casting a fly rod. As a hyperactive boy I really had to concentrate on the physics of fly fishing, but it kept my little wondering mind occupied.

That was a few moons ago and since then I have been fortunate to have plied my casting skills and frightened a few fish with bad casts on interesting waters including the Mediterranean Sea, the Caribbean, the Sea of Cortez and in my home state of MI where I chased my first trout and teased Northern Pike with streamers.

I now reside in northern Va fishing the rivers and streams of the east coast. My next adventure will take me out west as I wade some blue lines on and off the map.

I hope I can contribute to this forum in a positive manner, however; I am a bit of a smart ass.

Thanks!

fredaevans 07-19-2013 12:07 PM

Re: Flailing the water’s surface and hello

:welcome:

Looking forward to reading your postings. Where 'out west' is in your "Bucket List?"

Fred

jpbfly 07-19-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by motorshooter (Post 573959)
I have been fortunate to have plied my casting skills and frightened a few fish with bad casts on interesting waters including the Mediterranean Sea

:welcome:.....next time you come here give me a call;)

mcnerney 07-19-2013 10:06 PM

Welcome to the forum! If you head out to western Wyoming give me a shout!

motorshooter 07-20-2013 07:33 AM

Thanks for the welcomes. My trip west leads me to big sky country as I wade the rivers and streams I read about when I was a kid.

littledavid123 07-20-2013 09:07 AM

We have young members reading and posting on here too...Please refrain from the cussing. :)

Dave

motorshooter 07-20-2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by littledavid123 (Post 574247)
We have young members reading and posting on here too...Please refrain from the cussing. :)

Dave

Thanks for the view Dave. "noted"

Hardyreels 07-20-2013 11:50 AM

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, what type photography do you specialize with I wonder............ At any rate I would expect that you will be putting up some landscapes of the areas you fish and hike down there. I lived in VA for a couple years and loved the state. The Eastern Shore Peninsula was my haunt.

Look forward to your participation here,

Ard

motorshooter 07-28-2013 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardyreels (Post 574285)
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, what type photography do you specialize with I wonder............ At any rate I would expect that you will be putting up some landscapes of the areas you fish and hike down there. I lived in VA for a couple years and loved the state. The Eastern Shore Peninsula was my haunt.

Look forward to your participation here,

Ard

I pack my photography gear when I take my fly fishing trips, but I never unpack it because I'm too busy fishing...LOL!