The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2013, 12:02 PM

Location: The Old Dominion. But can be found exploring a blue line
motorshooter is on a distinguished road
Smile Flailing the water’s surface and hello

Morning all,

Thank you for allowing me aboard. I am a writer and photographer by choice and a pretty fair fly fisherman by the grace of God. I began flailing the water’s surface when I was eight. My father made the time and possessed the composure to teach me the finer points of casting a fly rod. As a hyperactive boy I really had to concentrate on the physics of fly fishing, but it kept my little wondering mind occupied.

That was a few moons ago and since then I have been fortunate to have plied my casting skills and frightened a few fish with bad casts on interesting waters including the Mediterranean Sea, the Caribbean, the Sea of Cortez and in my home state of MI where I chased my first trout and teased Northern Pike with streamers.

I now reside in northern Va fishing the rivers and streams of the east coast. My next adventure will take me out west as I wade some blue lines on and off the map.

I hope I can contribute to this forum in a positive manner, however; I am a bit of a smart ass.

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2013, 12:07 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Flailing the water’s surface and hello

Looking forward to reading your postings. Where 'out west' is in your "Bucket List?"

Fred
Old 07-19-2013, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorshooter View Post
I have been fortunate to have plied my casting skills and frightened a few fish with bad casts on interesting waters including the Mediterranean Sea
.....next time you come here give me a call
Old 07-19-2013, 10:06 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum! If you head out to western Wyoming give me a shout!

Old 07-20-2013, 07:33 AM

Thanks for the welcomes. My trip west leads me to big sky country as I wade the rivers and streams I read about when I was a kid.
Old 07-20-2013, 09:07 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

We have young members reading and posting on here too...Please refrain from the cussing.

Dave
Old 07-20-2013, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
We have young members reading and posting on here too...Please refrain from the cussing.

Dave
Thanks for the view Dave. "noted"

Last edited by motorshooter; 07-20-2013 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Need to be edited
Old 07-20-2013, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi,

Welcome to the forum, what type photography do you specialize with I wonder............ At any rate I would expect that you will be putting up some landscapes of the areas you fish and hike down there. I lived in VA for a couple years and loved the state. The Eastern Shore Peninsula was my haunt.

Look forward to your participation here,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 07-28-2013, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, what type photography do you specialize with I wonder............ At any rate I would expect that you will be putting up some landscapes of the areas you fish and hike down there. I lived in VA for a couple years and loved the state. The Eastern Shore Peninsula was my haunt.

Look forward to your participation here,

Ard
I pack my photography gear when I take my fly fishing trips, but I never unpack it because I'm too busy fishing...LOL!