The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By llcatsa

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 10:50 AM

llcatsa is infamous around these parts
Default From NJ, live in Germany, fish in Slovenia

I started fly fishing this year because you are not allowed to Bow Hunt in Germany (My other Passion). Fishing in Germany is a lot different that fishing in the states, mainly the waters you have access to. I feel like I hit the jackpot because I find myself less than 5 hours away from the rivers in NW Slovenia which I cannot even imagine a more beautiful place with hundreds of fish to boot. Anyway like I tell most people I meet, I am having a great time so far and catching plenty of fish, some nice in size, but I would love to have an outlet to conduct research and ask all of my questions to an audience who understand the language I speak.
fredaevans and mridenour like this.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:57 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: From NJ, live in Germany, fish in Slovenia

Welome to the forum! I have seen some YouTube videos and photos of the Slovenia trout streams, definitely a beautiful place.

Old 08-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

we have some members from Germany but don't remember where exactly...
Old 08-04-2013, 02:02 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation Re: From NJ, live in Germany, fish in Slovenia

Welcome to the Board! Looking forward to reading about your fishing from 7,000'ish miles to the west.

fae
Old 09-10-2013, 11:16 AM

the_infidel has a spectacular aura aboutthe_infidel has a spectacular aura aboutthe_infidel has a spectacular aura about

welcome! I am heading back to germany in a little over a month myself and look forward to fishing europe again
Old 09-10-2013, 11:21 AM

dean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond reputedean_mt has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome aboard. You've definitely found a place to share your stories, ask questions, get advice...

Are you an American living in Germany now? My brother lives and works in E Europe and I was lucky enough to visit him last summer and take a road trip to Slovenia. I concur with everything you've said. The rivers I fished there...oh man, The Soca is the most beautiful river I've ever seen, period. And the countryside isn't too shabby either. Lucky man, you are.