The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 02:49 PM

oldskoo11 is on a distinguished road
Default Life long fisherman new to Fly fishing

Hey all. I live in Northern California. I have fished most of my life but am brand new to Fly fishing.. just bought a new rig and am spending every available minute learning as much as I can. Hope to learn a ton on this site. Thanks..... Oldskoo11
mridenour and ia_trouter like this.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Life long fisherman new to Fly fishing

to the forum and the....addictionsome tons here
Old 09-30-2013, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hello,

With each trip out using your new gear you will have questions. Although we can't 'be there' to do hands on instruction I believe you'll find the knowledge base here to be a resource you'll return to again and again.

Welcome to the forum!

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-30-2013, 04:17 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

Welcome (and my condolences.... just walk out side, open you wallet, turn it upside down, shake vigorously, and save yourself some frustration.)
Old 09-30-2013, 04:35 PM

fish4reds is on a distinguished road

And you will probably believe, as many have at one time, that you can save a lot of money by tying your own flies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hardyreels and random user like this.
Old 09-30-2013, 05:08 PM

random user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the roughrandom user is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish4reds View Post
And you will probably believe, as many have at one time, that you can save a lot of money by tying your own flies.
I was/ am suppose to be saving money tying my own?

So, when does you Stand Up Comedy tour start?
Old 09-30-2013, 05:22 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Firstly A BIG WELCOME & secondly to add to what random user & others have mentioned.
Even though we can spend heaps of time Tying Flies which is an addiction & is supposed to save us money,to get The Pattern we want I still think all us who tie Flies must have Rocks in our Heads as over 50 years or so I don't know how many $100s I've spent on Tying Gear as everywhere I look I see something associated with Fly Tying however I just have to keep going as only yesterday I Tied some Flies & probably will do so for hopefully a few years to come.
Brian.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:44 PM

oldskoo11 is on a distinguished road

Thanks all.... And I have no preconceived ideas about saving money in the pursuit of something that is or should be a labor of love. I love to play golf and I play for the love of the game I play for me... I look at fly fishing the same way. I have taken it up not for any other reason but for the pure enjoyment of the sport.
Old 10-02-2013, 06:47 AM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to the forum oldskool. Great bunch of helpful folks here.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:50 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Add my welcome and note your in Nor Cal. What area(s) do you intend to fish? If you decide to fish the Rogue River give me a shout. I live about 3 miles from the water's edge.

Fred