The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2008, 08:38 PM

jcran750 is on a distinguished road
Default Newbie from Michigan

Hi all,

I'm a new member who has been FF for a couple of years now. I've spent 99% of my time fishing for smallies in southern Michigan, but I'm looking to start going after trout more this year. I'm a couple hours away from some good water in northern Mi, but I'm planning on making the trip as many times as my wife will let me this year.

I'm looking forward to spending time on these forums and hopefully you won't mind some stupid questions.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff
Old 02-15-2008, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Newbie from Michigan

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the forum. We have many members from Michigan. Nothing wrong with catching Smallmouth. Two hours away is not too bad. This is what I use to do. Leave Saturday afternoon and fish the evening bite and camp overnight. Get up early and fish the morning bite and then head home. This gives you an evening and morning bite and makes it a worthwhile trip. Gas cost too much to go and come on the same day.

Frank
Old 02-15-2008, 10:12 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the group! stay warm up there!

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Jeff,
Glad you joined us.
Remember to keep you hands and feet inside the car at all times and do not under any circumstances feed the members.

Enjoy the ride.....

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 02-16-2008, 07:53 PM

jcran750 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the responses! I've already learned a ton just looking around this site the last few days.

Jeff