The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By hcrum87hc

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2013, 08:55 AM

hcrum87hc is on a distinguished road
Default New member from SC (pic heavy)

New guy here from Beaufort, SC. I don't actually fly fish here on the coast, but prefer my fly fishing on the mountain trout streams. We do however catch a lot of reds and trout here in Beaufort (see photos, I know you guys love good pics). I've been fishing as long as I can remember (26 years old), but I've only taken up fly fishing recently.

Mine and a few other families take an annual camping trip to Cades Cove, TN or Cherokee, NC every year where we've tried our hands at fly fishing. We ended up going to Brevard/Pisgah Forest in NC this year due to the government shut down and fished the Davidson River for the first time. Seeing as how it's a lot closer than Cades Cove or Cherokee, my dad and I decided to start making regular fishing trips to the Davidson. Our first trip is the weekend of Nov 9, and I'll get to try out my new Redington CT and Drift combo.

I've already gotten a lot of info from you guys, and hopefully I'll be able to start contributing myself.

Click the image to open in full size.

All of these are over 30" and were caught at the same time. There was also a fourth one on another rod at the time, but we only had 3 people in the boat. That was a fun/hectic time.

mridenour likes this.
Old 10-24-2013, 09:02 AM

mridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud ofmridenour has much to be proud of
Default Re: New member from SC (pic heavy)

Nice pics and welcome to the forum!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:39 PM

bigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud ofbigjim5589 has much to be proud of

Welcome! Very cool pics! Trout are fun, but IMO, those Reds on a fly are more fun!

I love that area down there, hope to retire there someday!

I'll be looking forward to seeing more pics from down there too!

Remember, no one likes to be behind the big truck, but that's better than being under it!
Old 10-24-2013, 03:30 PM

Eddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to beholdEddie O'Neill is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum, great pictures, thanks for sharing
Old 10-24-2013, 10:23 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum!

ARFE
Old 10-27-2013, 10:37 AM

von behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud ofvon behr has much to be proud of

Welcome to the forum! Those are great pics. You gotta love those redfish and then a few triple tail to punctuate some awesome fishing.

I'm looking forward to your future posts. Give us a trip report when you return from your trout expedition in November.

-VB