The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By shotgunfly
  • 1 Post By jpbfly
  • 2 Post By ia_trouter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 04:39 AM

anermos is on a distinguished road
Default Second try to get into flyfishing

Hi,

I started like 2 years ago with flyfishing in a club and getted my flycasting lessons. Than i did go on a 2 day trip with them but that was on the end of the season. So in the time waiting for the new season i changed work and that made me have terrible hours, but i like my job. Than also my girlfriend got health problems for a year and a half so the fishing getted on the background. Now I gonne start again and hopefully i can learn alot more now.
I really look forward to standing in the water again and catch some fish what work kind of relaxing for me.

Forgot to mention that i live in Belgium.

I hope i get the chance to fish in the states someday but there are alot of destinations worth visiting i guess and life is short.

Last edited by anermos2; 11-20-2013 at 01:38 PM.
Old 11-20-2013, 05:34 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Second try to get into flyfishing

Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! Hopefully, this time you will be able to stick to it and fully appreciate the enjoyment in fly fishing.

Larry

Larry
Old 11-20-2013, 05:58 AM

jimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura aboutjimp has a spectacular aura about

Welcome and keep at it. I know first hand it is easy to revert back to the old ways of fishing, spinning gear, etc., I FF as a break or change of pace from my normal spinning gear methods and enjoy it every time I do FF.
Old 11-20-2013, 10:50 AM

shotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to allshotgunfly is a name known to all

Welcome to the forum. Being a part of it helps when you can't be out on the water. I"ve found it keeps my head in the right place when I can't be fishing the right place.

That said, I recommend you stick with fly fishing. I've never been much of a spin fisherman, and others will argue that it's just as hard, but I tend to think that fly fishing is more challenging….what better way to spend those few precious moments you seem to have? The rewards are greater. The rewards are more than just fish.
jpbfly, gzarboni and ia_trouter like this.

-- John Gierach

blog: http://www.thefinfeatherandfur.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thefinfeatherandfur
My TU:
http://massanuttentu.com
Old 11-20-2013, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

to the forum and the addiction...
The rewards are greater. The rewards are more than just fish.....totally agree with shotgunfly
shotgunfly likes this.
Old 11-20-2013, 12:22 PM

ia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of lightia_trouter is a glorious beacon of light

Welcome to the forum. Spin or fly, if you truly aspire to be at the top of your game you will challenge yourself. Flyfishing pulled me back into fishing with a passion for angling I haven't felt for decades.
shotgunfly and gzarboni like this.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:49 AM

gzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nicegzarboni is just really nice

Welcome to the forum. Shotgunfly and la trouter are correct. This is the place to be when you are not on the water. I to was away from fishing for a long time. family, Kids, little league, hockey practice at 05:00. Then I realized that if I don't take the time to do the things that love, things that make me happy, I am cheating myself and my family of the real me.
Glad your back to the sport and don't look back.
Glen

"There are no traffic jams along the extra mile"

http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...logs/gzarboni/