The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By buster06
  • 2 Post By mcnerney
  • 1 Post By buster06

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2013, 09:16 AM

buster06 is on a distinguished road
Default New from California

I am new to fly casting. I have been a crazy bass fisherman for many years with conventional tackle. I have a float tube and a small boat. I joined the local club, "Flycasters of San Jose" and I am very glad I did. Very friendly helpful bunch of people.

I am still working on my double haul but I am improving. I picked up a TFO Mini Mag in 10 wt loaded with Rio outbound short for bass.
yonder likes this.
Old 12-31-2013, 10:37 AM

trout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to beholdtrout trekker is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: New from California

Welcome Buster,

You’re involved with a great group of anglers, I‘ve known a lot of those guys and gals over the years. I see you've already got your tube and a ten, looks like it won’t be long before you join the dawn patrol on the Louie’s.

Enjoy, TT
Old 12-31-2013, 11:16 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Buster: Welcome to the forum! Great insight on your part by taking the step and joining your local fishing club, getting some hands on help with skyrocket your learning curve, but don't hesitate to ask questions here, we will try our best to help you out. Looking forward to hearing about your fly fishing adventures there in CA.

Larry
fredaevans and littledavid123 like this.

Old 12-31-2013, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

on the forum Buster.Looking forward to seeing your pics and reports
Old 12-31-2013, 12:43 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Buster, be sure and check out the search feature as there is a treasure of stuff hidden in there.

Dave
Old 01-16-2014, 08:26 PM

buster06 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I have just picked up a G Loomis 8/9 Wt. Ross reel with extra spool. Reel and extra spool both set up with line and a wallet of 6 shooting heads for $250. All from a club member. I think I got the deal of the century!
mcnerney likes this.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:46 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Buster Welcome also you did OK with your Purchase.
Brian